Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

What range does everyone visit?

Discussion in 'The Georgia Club' started by Breadfan63, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Breadfan63

Breadfan63 A town down

Aug 14, 2005
    Alpharetta, GA
    Seems the Georgia section here isnt really all that active. Just wondering which range(s) you guys and gals visit most frequently. For me, it's American Classic Marksman because it's the closest to my home.
  2. GlocksForGoons

Mar 14, 2008
    NE Atlanta
    I go to Bullseye in downtown Lawrenceville. It's $5 per lane for the first 30 minutes and $3 every 30 minutes after that. That beats $16 a person every single time and usually they will round down for the 30 minute mark. I usually leave with an $8 bill after buying a few targets. They always listen to my noobie questions and don't act like a bunch of jerks like the American Classic Marksman on spalding drive in Norcross that I've been to.

3. Tom B

Tom B Millennium Member

Feb 9, 1999
    Cool Springs Gun Club near Roberta.
  4. birdbarian

Feb 25, 2006
    Mostly Bull's Eye at lunch time during the week. When I worked in Norcross, ACM had a lunchtime special for ~$8. ACM also has a lady's night once a week where the lanes are free to use for the ladies. I think that's pretty cool.
  5. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.
    ed's gun on hwy 5 it is now ( nick's guns )
  6. I drive either an hour north to outdoor ranges at Chestnut Mtn. WMA near Resaca or an hour south to Advanced Bullets in Temple.

I've yet to go to an indoor range in metro ATL that has anywhere close to decent ventilation, and I hate those nasty sweet lead flavored lugies in my sinuses the rest of the day.

Plus, I like popping 2x10 blocks at 100 yds with the G23 :supergrin: And, the redneck mercenaries are always good for the entertainment factor.
  7. thooks

May 17, 2005
    Marietta, GA

You ever been to Hot Shots in Smyrna?

And how many unjacketed bullets do you shoot on a regular basis?
  8. Several times. Maybe they just don't turn the system on when there are only 1 or 2 people in there. Besides, the last time I was in there, I got muzzle swept twice by both the guy behind the counter, and a Cobb Co. Sheriff's deputy looking at the gun. I'll not be returning to that store again.

No unjacketed bullets. Maybe it's something besides lead, but it's sickeningly nasty.
  9. Kegger26

Apr 11, 2008
    Nick's guns. SCC we should shoot together sometime and help defer the cost over there. Last week I went and shot for an hour. After everything was totaled up it set me back 50 bucks.

Up until the end of last year I shot down at the Clayton County Sheriffs Dept range. However, walking small..err I mean Sheriff Victor Hill turned the range over to the Clayton County Police Dept. I guess his plan to take over the Clayton County Police Dept has failed. What a dolt. (Sorry, rant mode off).
  10. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.
    also try out ( creek side gun range ) it is 20.00 for all day long dam good place to shoot at and it is outdoors :wavey: and do you shoot in gssf if not now is the time there are 3 coming up you can win cash and guns :wavey:
  11. bankerrkt

Apr 5, 2008
    Marietta GA
    Ed's (now Nick's) on Hwy 5 for me too.
  12. triggerman357

Oct 10, 2006
    During the week I shoot at Master Gunman in Stone Mountain. When I really want to throw some lead downrange I head to Charlie Elliott WMA in Mansfield.
  13. python357

python357 Flippin' Idiot

Sep 22, 2003
    South Georgia
    I just step out my back door.

14. Adam5

Sep 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I normally shoot at Bullseye Marksman in Cumming or I go to Adairsville Shooting range if I feel like scaring clays.
  15. StoneDog

Jun 22, 2006
    I have been to ACM the most recently. I agree they can be less than friendly but given the other customers I have seen there lately I don't blame them. I stay as professional as possible and don't try to make small talk.

Bullseye in Lawrenceville is better and the class 3 rentals are fun. My 11 year old and I spent a little time with their FA 9mm colt carbine. :cool:

Mastergunman are good people and worth a visit next time you are
    near Stone Mtn park.

For outdoor ranges I'm split between the WMA range up 985 and Advanced Bullets out I20 near Alabama. Are there any outdoor ranges closer to the Suwanee / Johns Creek area?
  16. HushH

Jan 10, 2005
    I shoot at Nick's as well. That is when I can find time for the range, which is rarely lately.
  17. Bull's Eye LLC in St Louis $18 an hour but indoor range with automated targets and well run OR Jay Henges Shooting Range - an outdoor range that is part of a MO State Conservation District - free targets and $3 an hour per generous booth - can share. That's close to work and CAN be a long lunch if my schedule permits.
  18. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.
    St Louis ? that would be one hell of a drive:tongueout::supergrin:
  19. TrybalRage

TrybalRage Rule of wrist..

Nov 5, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    hmm... I've been living in Kennesaw for two months now and haven't gotten out yet. Gonna have to check out that Nick's place.