close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What passages condem pre marrital sex?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by rick458, Mar 7, 2012.

1. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Jan 31, 2003
    La Porte Texas
    Leviticus, discusses, Adultery, Incest, Beastiality, Male Homosexuality, and commands that a PRIEST marry a virgin.
    But where and what passages cover premarrital sex, among non married men and women.

I have been reading the Bible in a year on the Roberts plan and either I have not hit it yet, or i missed that.

2. If you go to bed with her you are responsible to marry her. If either of you are married or betrothed to someone else it is adultery. It is risky to make a commitment this way. I wouldn't recommend it.

Deuteronomy 22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; 22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

If you have sex with someone you have joined to them.

I Corinthians 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

Casual sex is just plain fornication.

I Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
    6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
    6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

If you are tempted to have sex then it would be best to discuss it and have a justice of the peace marriage if you cannot wait for a formal ceremony. I know of more than one couple that have done this and then had the formal ceremony later to please the relatives.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

3. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Jan 31, 2003
    La Porte Texas
    Vic. I. have been married to the same wonderful bride for 25 years I just didn't. recall the passages even though I knew premarital. sex and as Paul described it fornication (better to marry than to burn)

4. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    Hebrews 13:4 ?

On a side note there is this From George Burns...

"Its not pre marital sex if we don't plan to get married"

5. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX

:rofl::rofl::rofl: