close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What other 10mm do you trust?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by TattooedGlock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. TattooedGlock

TattooedGlock NRA LIFE MEMBER

Jun 21, 2006
    South Texas
    I love my 20sf and I have a 29sf on the way. Just curious if there's any other brands/models of 10mm pistols that you guys own or trust with high power rounds? Pics are always nice! :)

2. Tattooed...Speaking from my experience, you have the best platform (G20SF) to launch high power 10mm rounds in a semi-auto pistol. A Smith and Wesson 610 revolver is also a well made firearm, accurate and highly reliable. Again, speaking from experience, 1911 design pistols are iffy in my opinion in reliability. To me, 1911's have weak slide stop and extractor designs and magazine followers are second rate. Spend your extra cash on Glock accessories and ammo and in my opinion you will be happier. Remember, the 1911 was designed 100 years ago for low velocity ball ammo. I'm 61 years old and I ain't got time for firearms that don't go bang when I pull the trigger!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  3. There is barely any choices anyway...

What else could you get... A kimber... A witness.... That's about it...

Thank God for the glock

4. blackgun556

blackgun556

Sep 30, 2011
    Wyoming
    I would not hesitate to shot any round threw my kimber eclipse

5. Tim808

Tim808

Dec 8, 2005
    Pearl City, Hawaii
    Another vote for the S&W 1006.

Read that you can feed it anything including spent brass.....some people have too much time on their hands.

6. I really have a taste for STI and their Perfect Ten. Also Wilson makes a 10mm Combat Hunter. Both are really sweet! And both are REALLY expensive! Also according to the manufacturers, both can handle the warmer rounds of the mighty 10mm Auto.

I am also a fan of the Smith & Wesson 610 revolver with a good warm hand-load. Although cheaper than both stated above, still a $1000 gun.

But as stated by another GT member.... You already have the best platform for warm-hot 10mm loadings, and that is the Glock! Hands down.

7. jetttstream

jetttstream

Jul 22, 2012
    After seeing how perfect my glock 29sf was only to follow up its arrival with a glock 20sf I can't imagine branching out.

The only other one I'd like to trust would be a Mech-Tech 10mm conversion setup.

8. Any of my 4 Smith 10xx series. All built like tanks.

9. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Feb 28, 2001
    Midwest
    Agree. It's the Smith 10XX-series - in my case, the 1006 & 1076.

S&W 1006.
    [​IMG]

Next choice would be a properly set-up 1911, like a Colt Delta. You really only need a few "custom" mods to make these run and maintain durability in shooting hot loads over time (e.g., an EGW f.p. stop correctly installed; stronger recoil & f.p. springs; somtimes a different main spring)

Stock DE.
    [​IMG]

:cool:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  10. My only mods to my Smith's were new Wolff recoil springs. I just did it because I didn't know how many rounds had been fired through the guns when I bought them on GB. They run perfectly.

Nothing done to the DE's. They run fine as well.

11. jetttstream

jetttstream

Jul 22, 2012
    Looks like I stand corrected! This thread is going to cost me some money!

12. TattooedGlock

TattooedGlock NRA LIFE MEMBER

Jun 21, 2006
    South Texas
    I was checking out a Dan Wesson Razorback and a Nighthawk Custom 10mm. Both were very sweet, just not sure how reliable. Though I've heard good things.

13. The DW is top shelf. I have a Heritage in 45 ACP and it's a real fine pistol. No issues ever.

14. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    The only 10mm's I have left ... <sniff sniff>
    [​IMG]

The Fusion has had the stoutest loads thru it out of all of them... (including my prior G20's, G29's and Kimber) and its still drum-tight, ball bearing smooth. There is NO downside to having a longslide format in 10mm. NONE. That being said, I think we all know the G20 is a FINE platoform for full power 10mm whippings.

15. bdhawk

bdhawk

Mar 18, 2000
    i am very fond of my S&W 310 nightguard. a big plus to me, it also shoots .40 S&W. great combat sights.

16. I have a 610 w/ a 6½ " barrel and a 1006 in addition to my G-20. I like all my 10 s

17. VN350X10

VN350X10

Apr 13, 2001
    McHenry, IL
    Let's see, my G20 & 29 have been around quite a bit, but other than that...
    S&W 1006
    S&W 1066
    S&W 610 (6 1/2")
    Springfield Omega
    Ruger "Buckeye" BlackHawk
    T.C.Contender 10"

Yeah, I'd say any of them will take stout loads, but the Ruger & T.C. would be my choice for real hot loads.
    I'd say the Omega has to be the weakest of them, based on it's 1911 type bottom end.

Don't blame the 1911, it's a great firearm in it's own right. But it was never designed for ammo making 40K PSI pressure. It was designed for ammo that made 18-20K, and 100+ years ago. There's NO automobile that can compare to what's been done to the 1911 firearm, in terms of what it did vs. what it can do now ! When the 1911 was designed, most RIFLES were only making in the 40 K pressure range !

uncle albert