Glock Talk banner

What night sights should I get?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  fourrobert13 
#1 ·
So I recently purchased a "new to me" Glock 27. It came with a Trijicon front sight, but has the stock Glock rear sight. This makes it practically useless in a no-light situation, so I'm looking to swap it out. What are your opinions on the best night sights? Should I go with a whole new set of TruGlo's or Mep's? Or should I just buy the rear sight for my Trijicons?

#3 ·
This is a frequent question. Second or third this week. It might be easier for you to do a search for sight recommendations.

#4 ·
You may want to check out these sights.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/i-dot

I have them on my Glock 32 and they are AWESOME the best part they are cheaper then Trijicon but are actually made with the Trijicon inserts and the sight actually has Trijicon stamped on them. They are a top quality sight and with the large front sight it is very easy to get a quick sight picture. I did A LOT of research before I bought mine and i'm so glad I got these.

#5 · (Edited)
I will go completely the other way and say that I actually prefer just a tritium front. I have no need for either a two or single dot tritium rear sight.

In low light conditions, you just need a quick reference of the muzzle direction, not much more.

This assumes of course that your natural point of aim has been sufficiently trained to the extent that you are not off by miles when instinctively pointing to a target/thread.

#7 ·
QbonSean, yes actually I find it much easier to line up the shot with just the single rear dot as opposed to the traditional two rear dots. This was the first time I had ever used a single rear dot system but I really like it and the front dot on these sights is just incredible. I find that with this system I can get "on target" much quicker as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.