close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What Next

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by thecableguy, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Alright guys if you guys had a choice which one would you pick and why? I already have a WC Professional on layaway and I am already thinking on what to purchase next. All of my guns will get shot alot. My primary reason is for carry duty and HD but I am also going to try to collect as many as I can for the rest of my remaining years on this earth. I am going to try to get one from each of the semi-custom shops first and then work my way down to the less expensive 1911s in the market. What do you guys think about that? Like I said earlier I already ordered the WC so that's one down. The others are in no particular order
    Ed Brown KC
    Les Baer TRS Commanche
    Nighthawk Grp this one would mainly for HD
    Guncrafter NN
    Truly I can't decide which one to purchase next. It probably won't happen until I pay off the Wilson but it is going to happen no turning back now I'm in too deep, the disease has set in and there is no known cure but there is a way to put it into remission and that is to keep buying them.:tongueout:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    I have absolutely no idea why anyone would buy up a bunch of 1911s and call 'em a collection. They're just a bunch of used guns. I collect ammo.

Good choice on the Wilson.

Nighthawks are nice, I'd order a GRP with a naked slide, the GRP rollmarks are too much for me. I've handled a Nighthawk 10-8 and was impressed.

I get a lot more satisfaction having good 1911s that are setup like I like 'em and reliable enough to carry, train and shoot matches with.

3. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    with a flat trigger right?
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
  5. or wait until you can find that first Glock 1911...

6. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    :headscratch:

People collect anything, including coins, stamps, watches, cars, motorcycles, baskets, jewelery, rocks, gems, knives, etc.

What the hell is the matter with collecting guns? :dunno:

I know quite a few people who do.

7. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    :rofl::rofl:

8. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    i collect belly button lint.

9. On a Taurus it wouldn't surprise me. Bac I couldn't figure that one either. By his logic Jay Leno has a bunch of uses cars but a collection of tires? :dunno:

10. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    :rofl::rofl:

11. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: