close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What mods are allowed for GSSF?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by codivecop, Dec 28, 2004.

1. codivecop

codivecop

I have a great G17 (since 1991) and as with all things that age its time to update the springs (at a minimum). I was looking around and saw all kinds of fun stuff to do with my baby, but I have been considering doing GSSF.

Are we allowed to make ANY mods like trigger stops, after market barrels, sights, recoil guides, etc?

Thanks for all help/advice

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

In GSSF, stock means stock, factory Glock parts only. No aftermarket trigger stops, barrels, springs, etc.. You may, however, elect to shoot in Masters/Unlimited category, where anything goes.

Exceptions to factory stock: any similar notch & post type sights, but no ghost rings, fiber optics, express sights or lasers. Grip sleeves/grip tape is allowed.

3. DP177

DP177

codivecop,

Point of interest here is that with your membership to GSSF you get free Glock inspections by a certified armorer. The armorer will replace any worn factory part that needs to be replaced and install any upgrades that your Glock might need for free. If your Glock was built in 1991 I'm pretty sure there are some upgrades you will need.

So you can have your worn parts replaced for free and buy practice ammo with the money you were going to spend on modifications. Hope to see you at some matches.

DP

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

You can use fiber optic sights if they're post and notch and the the fiber optic is blacked out. :)