Glock Talk banner

What lubricant do you use and why?

24K views 128 replies 91 participants last post by  Gramps45 
#1 ·
By way of educating myself, I would be very grateful to get some information from shooters and gunsmiths about their preference in firearms lubricants.

What brand lubricant do you use?
I would also appreciate it if you would explain why you prefer that particular brand.

I thank you in advance for your replies, it will be very helpful to me.

#129 ·
By way of educating myself, I would be very grateful to get some information from shooters and gunsmiths about their preference in firearms lubricants.

What brand lubricant do you use?
I would also appreciate it if you would explain why you prefer that particular brand.

I thank you in advance for your replies, it will be very helpful to me.
In the police academy we were taught to use non-chlorinated brake cleaner or carburetor spray to degrease and Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil to lubricate our firearms. At 3-4 drops of oil as recommended by Glock a quart of Mobil 1 at $4.75 will last me a lifetime. Both products are readily available, inexpensive as opposed to dedicated "gun cleaners and work just as well. Been using these for years with no regrets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.