What Knife Do You Use/Carry?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Eric, May 22, 2012.

1. John Galt

John Galt Anti-Federalist

Last week I lost my CRKT Pazoda, so I decided on an upgrade. Well, actually I couldn't really decide between a Benchmade Mini-Grip or a Spyderco Delica 4 so I got both. :supergrin:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Gregg702

Gold Member

I just picked up a Kershaw 1660ST.

3. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

Strider SNG if I wanna show off
    Got it for 25% retail value off some numbskull on Amazon!

Cold Steel AK47, and Cold Steel mini Recon-1 spear point plain edge are my EDC knives. Full size Cold Steel Recon-1 tanto point combo edge is my backup/SHTF knife on duty in my vest

Anyone heard of Ferrumforge? My buddy from high school makes amazing knives and involves you in the custom design process. Exotic steels and common steels, EDC folders to fixed blades and kitchen cutlery. His work is like functional art!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#643 Butcher, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Spyderco Salt 1. I love these nitrogen impregnated steel blades. All the physical and mechanical properties of steel but with corrosion resistance of titanium. Or damn close to it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

In my experience with the steel, it is great on a full serrated knife. For some reason the plain edge salts have the edge holding ability of aluminum.

6. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

If you want a knife that's impervious to corrosion you will want one made of SM-100

7. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

Is anyone besides your buddy making knives out of it? Not much info out there. FF is making some nice ones, I'd just like to research it a little before dropping that kind of coinage. How are the other properties of the steel? Do you know where I can find a data sheet?

#647 Travclem, Oct 26, 2012
  8. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

He links to the research data on his page but here it is for ya http://www.summitmaterials.com/sm-100/

Knife evolution: http://www.summitmaterials.com/sm-100/knives/
    There's only one other guy (Duane Dwyer) who gets access to SM-100 right now. It's very expensive, like $500/pound and it thrashes the equipment used to shape and sharpen the knives which is why it's so friggin expensive. Go to the YouTube channel my friend links to via his site and watch the videos of his SM-100 knives

#648 Butcher, Oct 26, 2012
  9. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

I carry a leatherman skeletool cx non serrated every day and I use a Busse Bager Attack fixed blade when I am out in the woods/desert

10. It's not definitely what I carry, nor I will, or spent such money for it, but I thought it could be interesting for you guys to take a look at it:

http://getrussiangear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40_14_15&products_id=84
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#650 .38 super, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  11. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just realized this is a use/carry knife thread, not a pocket carry knife thread. Here is my favorite woods/hunting knife. Chris Reeve Pacific.

[​IMG]

12. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

That's purdy

13. crkt m16 m21 or a gerber evo long

14. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

Since I finally finished it up and made a sheath for it last night, this Benchmade:

[​IMG]

15. Here is my EDC... all or part of this depending on where I'm going.
    [​IMG]

Here are some of my knives, primarily for camping. The SOG Flash II goes with me everywhere.
    [​IMG]

#655 wingryder, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  16. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

As of today:

[​IMG]

17. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist
    CLM

18. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

Excellent choice!

[​IMG]

19. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

I'm loving it, opens just as fast as my 301. It's a bit bigger than I expected, but I don't have any problem with that.