What Knife Do You Use/Carry?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Eric, May 22, 2012.

1. jprj

Smith and Wesson pocket knife. I use it as a pendant.

Outdoor hub mobile. - jim jaucian

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Spyderco Dragonfly Clip-it. If it weren't for Chicago's blade laws it would be a Spyderco Delica 4

3. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall HildabeastHater

Brand is Spyderco.
    Model varies, lately Endura.

Often a Tasman Salt, Delica, or Pacific Salt instead, depending on whether I want yellow vs black, serrated vs plain, larger vs smaller. So sometimes I carry two.

4. Emerson Horseman for daily use and Chris Reeve Sebenza with blackwood inlay when I want to carry something fancier.

5. This is my choice, too. I prefer the regular (unserrated) edge. I just love the ability to work with that broad blade; it gets a wide variety of jobs done for me that would otherwise be a pain in the XXXX.

6. Kershaw Tanto Blur

[​IMG]

7. Spyderco Para2 DLC. Lightweight, comfortable, and worth the change. Leatherman wave for work.

8. Buck Micro Folder!

9. i have pair of kershaw skylines. maybe its me but after a couple resharpenings, they dont seem to last long. good thing they are cheap enough and easily found at my local walmart.

10. JHorner_G17C

JHorner_G17C ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I really can't believe this but I just looked at every page (could have missed it ) and am I really going to be the first one to say I carry a Strider SNG with ranger green scale and black blade everywhere, everyday? Wtf GT? Strider and Reeve and Hinderer (as well as ZT) make some of the best hard use knives IMHO. I sometimes carry a ProTech godson if I'm dressing up, but by far the Strider lineup of folders are some of the toughest knives ever.

11. Arquebus12

Arquebus12 Non-broccophobe
    CLM

You make a valid point.

I've come to the conclusion that knives are like footwear; you take on what's appropriate for the task at hand. I love my Redwing boots, but I don't wear them all the time... in fact, I really look forward to taking them off at night.

To that end, for "rough use", I prefer a fixed blade. I'll pick up one of my Busse's, Cold Steels, or even a tomahawk depending on where I'm likely to be and what I'm doing, and will used a folder in conjunction with whatever's going on to fill in for the light work. Also, I don't want to pull out my Microtech Socom in the post office to cut the twine off a package, if you follow... couple that with the fact I'm not as likely to be found in the bush unless it's in pursuit of a good time, and my choice of cutlery will more likely be toward the finer end.

12. mac55

ka-bar TDI

13. One I use is Cold Steel, for the feel and weight of the Knife. To find hard get knives go to
    Blade Play...they have go selection and price.

14. JudgeRoyBean

JudgeRoyBean NRA Life Member

Benchmade Mel Pardue autoknife combo blade in stainless steel 184CM.

15. benchmade 940 is good

16. NBT

NBT

I carry a Benchmade Mel Pardue 154-CM combo black blade (3550 SBK) as well....love it.

I had a Strider, custom built by Mick.. numbered SLCC (#31)
    I gave it as a gift to my best friends son, after he graduated the Navy Seal Program.

[​IMG]

#216 NBT, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
  17. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee
    CLM
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Thanks! :wavey:

:supergrin:

Thanks! :wavey: BTW, you'll notice there's not a mint condition one in the bunch. :cool:

18. Put a nice gouge in my Spyderco Endura 4 tonight using the blade to disassemble my Ruger 22/45. Love Spyderco and mine is plain black with the half serrated blade. Great knife to carry everyday and don't mind that it gets banged up.

19. Spyderco Chinook 2. Have a couple bencgmades qbd cold steels....but the Chinook is always on me.