close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What kind of boots to puchase for the academy

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by drider, Nov 5, 2011.

1. drider

drider

Mar 13, 2009
  2. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Find out what the academy standards are for footwear before you spend any money.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011

3. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Find out what type they want you to wear. But mainly get ones that you can polish up very very shiny.

4. Kahr_Glockman

Kahr_Glockman

Feb 26, 2005
    Texas
    Both of the above. Bates ultra-lites are good polishing boots and are comfortable

5. drider

drider

Mar 13, 2009
    They said aslong it's black, leather, gortex on the side is okay and they must be round tow. last they must be spit shine.

6. Kahr_Glockman

Kahr_Glockman

Feb 26, 2005
    Texas
    Bates.

There are others but the bates can be found locally for around $60

7. drider

drider

Mar 13, 2009
    Thanks! I'll check out all those names.

8. ctaggart

ctaggart

Dec 4, 2007
    Rocky 5066 shine very nicely. Pro tip: Parade Gloss polish will save you hours.

9. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    I had Rocky paratroopers boots in the academy, they shine up great! I like them a lot.

10. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

If you are going to the sbsd academy, as I suspect, go to Greenwood's in san bernardino, off e street. They have the hook up.

As for boots, I have had great luck with Rocky Alpha and Magnum Stealth boots.

11. COLOSHOOTR

COLOSHOOTR

Sep 29, 2005
    Colorado
    I'd also look into Original SWAT boots. They actually tend to be a little cheaper then the other brands, they are comfortable and they hold up well. 90% of my Academy class wore them because of the comfort and price point. Now days I wear Tac style boots with scuff protection that does not really hold a shine but I still have those same Orignal SWAT boots for class A's and they look great!

12. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Check on that first. M2 academy didn't allow that. They wanted us to shine them the old fashioned way.

13. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Dog Lover

Jun 9, 2006
    North Alabama
    If you can buy Lincoln Wax it is superior to Kiwi although I have pretty good results whenever I use Kiwi brand. The more laces the less toe to shine. Look at Bates Dura Shok and they take a really good shine. About $105 or so.

[​IMG]

14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Duh! Jackboots! If you don't know that, maybe you're not cut out to be a cop... :whistling::tongueout::rofl:

If you're in a poker game, and you don't know who the mark is, YOU're the mark.

What's that go to do with anything?

YOU're the boot.... :supergrin:

Randy

15. wuvmyglock

wuvmyglock

May 20, 2010
    Get some designed for stomping... Look especially the ones with the "stealth" tread design..

16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Danners? Never heard of them. We need more boot threads so I can keep up with this danner you speak of.

17. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    What ever you buy, buy two pairs.

Spit shine both pairs and once both sets are shined, you'll have it easier and won't have to shine one pair every night. There are some good sites on the web that show you how to do it correctly.

18. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Lifetime Member

Sep 20, 2004
    FEMA REGION III
    If your academy will be anything like mine was, I would get bates. They are reasonably comfortable, and when they get destroyed it wont be as bad of a hit as a $200 pair of danners.

I destroyed 1 pair of coroframs , and one pair of bates lites in 10 weeks. I also destroyed a pair of running shoes.

Being forced to low crawl in sand really takes the shine off of a corofram!

19. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

We weren't allowed patent leather coroframs either. Somebody tried and had to go buy new shoes. We had to buy plain leather and spit shine it by hand with old panty hose.

Buy something you can wear for duty later. Don't waste your money.