close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What Is Your Profession?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Woofie, Jan 12, 2013.

1. muscogee

muscogee
    Expand Collapse

Doc is also an ex-medic. Many PAs are ex-medics.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Woofie

Woofie
    Expand Collapse
    Disirregardless
    CLM
    1. Project Mayhem

3. elsielover

elsielover
    Expand Collapse

Tonight Tonight. What I remember is that it was a pretty uncomplicated chart. Afterwards, as requested by my daughter, I got the head pumpkin guy, I don't know his name, to sign the sheet music. Daughter loved it. She was only 15.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness
    Expand Collapse

That is interesting. I did not know that the PA program came out of the SF medic program. When I was a kid, I knew a SF reserve medic who was a PA in civilian life. His wife went to nursing school with my mom. He used to bring us cool Airborne and SF T-shirts from Ft. Bragg. :)

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

Yeah when Mellon Collie came out I was 19. Probably 18 when you were playing your part in the studio. That's cool. Those songs are a part of my youth. Your part is missed by the way... when they play it live they use a string effect on one of the guitars. Not the same at all.

6. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Nope. I was a pharmacy technician prior to going to PA school. I was never a medic. I've worked with a lot of medics though, and as a group, hold them in very high esteem. Know which Military occupation has the most posthumous awards of the Congressional Medal of Honor? It's not hard to guess that one.

7. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

8. Firefightermdc

Firefightermdc
    Expand Collapse

Im a career firefighter/paramedic. I really only am friends with LEO's and other firemen outside of my church. I love the adrenaline factor of being a fireman, but the medic portion has opened my eyes to putting myself in other people's shoes. I have a desire to continue learning more and research current meds/treatments, striving to attain my goal of "no one dies on my watch bc I made a mistake" call it perfectionism, maybe even corny, but I do not like to lose people ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

9. hooligan74

hooligan74
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I work for Dell, too! Well, as of Sept of last year, at least. I was/am a senior consultant for Quest, now Dell.

In the same boat as you - I need critical thinking and problem solving every day to do my job. I need answers and need to be able to prove those answers with a repeatable process.

I think I've always been predisposed to critical thinking and this led to my atheism.

I'm also a bit of a stickler for precise language, this is definitely a product of my job, and that drives some folks on internet forums a bit batty.

10. Geko45

Geko45
    Expand Collapse
    Smartass Pilot
    CLM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI6sARmxEuc"]Spartans, what is your profession?[/ame]

11. Altaris

Altaris
    Expand Collapse

Nice! One of my accounts just did a really big order for you guys the Friday before Christmas :wavey::supergrin:

12. chickenwing

chickenwing
    Expand Collapse

CavDoc has never stated that he is a doctor that I am aware of and I've lurked/posted on GT for a while.

He has explained this a couple times IIRC why he uses CavDoc.

My handle is chickenwing, but I assure you I am not a chickenwing.

#72 chickenwing, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  13. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Thanks for the clarification, but he's not interested. He's just looking for a chink in the armor.

Funny thing is, once you realize someones mission in life is to try to get under your skin (dermatobia hominis), it no longer is effective.

But anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to try.

:wavey:

14. G26S239

G26S239
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Patron

:rofl:

15. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

I'm relatively new here. But my father was an actual doctor so I refuse to give him the honor of calling him Doc any longer.

16. G26S239

G26S239
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Patron

That oughta show him. :rofl:

17. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

It isn't about showing him. He just isn't a doctor. He hasn't earned the title. I don't really care about whatever military tradition he thinks gives him the right to call himself that. But he simply hasn't earned the title doctor for which Doc is short.

18. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Your dad was an MD? Good for him. Don't feel bad, sometimes intelligence and motivation skip a generation.

I'll just point out that you are being childish at this point and this tantrum you have been throwing is evidence that you are decompensating mentally. You're making a fool of yourself.

19. FCoulter

FCoulter
    Expand Collapse

I really think you need to sit back and mature abit before posting. Your actions on this thread and others show you really are here for one thing to debate. I think its time the admins step in and perhaps issue you a time out until you and act alittle more mature. This is a religion forum. It is NOT a debate forum. Yes many debates goes on here and if kept civil is ok. You are here for ONE thing only and it is not productive.

20. Geko45

Geko45
    Expand Collapse
    Smartass Pilot
    CLM

Despite my earlier post, I feel this is a valid point. What we do/did in the military often does not translate well to the civilian world. I don't know very many former medics that would introduce themselves as "doc" in civilian life despite freely adopting the nickname while in the service. It just sends the wrong message. Non-military people don't get it.

#80 Geko45, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013