Glock Talk banner

What is your home range?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  trcubed 
#1 ·
Hi. So I was wondering if anyone would be interested in bragging on their home firing range. Have you found a great place you'd like to share with other GT Tennessee folks? Give us the what and where if you are willing!

I'm in the Cleveland area, but happily make the short trip up the road to Calhoun to Fugate Firearms. They are excellent folks, have a well stocked gun shop and are extremely knowledgeable on practically anything you could ask about. They have a classroom and range behind (down the hill from) their shop where they also offer CC permit classes. Nothing fancy, but a good place just up the road to send a few down range. I like shooting outside, but if the weather or circumstances don't allow then it is nice to have the range available.

#4 ·
I have it right out the back door. 30 yard range. 9' high wall of RR ties. Large dirt berm behind that. About a mile of woods behind that. We shoot bottles, targets, thermite, steel, and just about anything else we want to blow up. It's pretty fun. Don't know what I would do at one of those "city" ranges where you have to go inside to take a leak... :rofl::rofl:

#6 ·
Montgomery County Shooting Complex about 6.5 miles off of highway 48 between Dickson & Clarksville, TN. Owned by TWRA. Skeet & trap ranges... 25yd pistol range... 100yd & 400yd rifle ranges... archery range... tactical ranges... beautiful scenery & excellent courteous staff & RSO's Can't beat it.

#7 ·
Henry County Gun Club in Puryear, TN...far northwest corner of the state.

Pistol bays, egress bay, 100/200y rifle range, six hundred yard range, skeet, trap. Been a member there for around 20 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.