Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

What is your favorite fodder?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by G17 Zombie Blaster, May 31, 2012.

1. Armchair Commando

Armchair Commando Long Range Guru

Jan 10, 2006
    Bunker in the Midwest
    Well most Bad Guys are just looking for a easy score their not looking for a gunfight. Put 3 rds of 5.56 ball through their chest and their going to either die on the spot or haul ass! I use PMC 55 Gr FMJ for home defense only because i plan on shooting through walls if i have to, The entire outside of my house is Brick so i don't have to worry about stray rounds going into the neighbors house and killing them! I do agree with you that there is better sd ammo out there for killing people.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    There's a big difference between shooting to stop an attacker, and shooting to kill someone. If you're doing the latter in a self-defense situation, you're doing something wrong.

3. Matthew Courtney

Matthew Courtney Instructor #298

Oct 14, 2002
    Lake Charles
    I actually suggest m855 for vehicle carry. Penetrates cars as well as any 5.56 and since I also suggest rotating carry ammo every six months, the cheap price doesn't keep folks from rotating ammo.

For home defense, Barnes vor-tx.
  4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    That's about the only time I advocate it, as well. I usually keep 2 mags of 75gr and one mag of green tip with my SBR when it's riding in the car. Mk. 318 or M995 would be better choices, but the first is more expensive, and the second is very hard to come by.
  5. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    Not many people have 5.56 SBR's. While you would only advocate it out of necessity, others would not have any problems incapacitating soft skinned targets with M855 from 16-20" barrelled AR's from close to medium range. According to the oracle the difference is only 50m less than M193.
  6. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    M855 has a serious issue with inconsistency, especially lot-to-lot, but even within the same lot of ammo. There have been batches that, for whatever reason, simply did not want to fragment reliably. I will still take M193 over 855 for most applications, especially with a longer barrel.
  7. Reb 56

Reb 56

Mar 12, 2007
    South Texas
    PMC 55gr for plinking and Nosler 60gr Partitions for HD or hunting. For serious target shooting I like 69 gr SMK.