close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What is your carry load?

Discussion in 'G1 Niners Club' started by 9L0ck, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Rustin

Rustin

Oct 12, 2011
    Central Ohio
    I have a difficult time trying to decide between 124+p gold dots or 147 gr. The heavier the bullet the better the penetration but they do travel pretty slow. 124+p seems like a "happy medium" just as the Glock 19 is to me. Goldylocks and the three bears stands out.(This one is just right)

2. jbourneidentity

jbourneidentity

Nov 10, 2008
    Range ammo is Federal American Eagle 115-grain FMJ or Remington UMC 115-grain FMJ. Occasionally, Winchester White Box. I love that stuff, too.

For defensive carry, I almost always load only Federal HST 124-grain +P. I love that stuff. Accurate, powerful...I think it has upped the ante for defensive 9mm ammunition. I respect Gold Dot and Winchester 127 grain +P+ and would have no problem carrying those, but I voluntarily choose to stick with the HST because I trust the Federal brand with my life.

Occasionally, I will load out Federal 9BPLE 115-grain +P+. I have a large stock and it is such a street-proven round, it's hard not put it in my G19's magazines sometimes. A super-accurate 115 grain JHP at 1300FPS? What's not to like?

Redryder79 likes this.
  3. Clay1

Clay1

Dec 7, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Blazer for practice, IDPA and USPSA. A few years back shot over 10,000 rounds of it and it still shot better than I did.

Personal protection ammo is another story. Currently carrying 124 Bonded PDX1, before that Gold Dots but would consider any of the following OK if the price was right:

Speer Gold Dots
    Federal HST
    Winchester Ranger T
    Winchester PDX1
    Cor-Bon DPX (very pricy)

I tell my students to buy the cheap stuff to practice (it will probably shoot better than you can) and buy the good stuff for more serious work.

Rick

4. I carry 147 HST in my XDsc and my wife has it in here M&P 9c.
    Got mine from Kyle's also.

5. I carry 147 HST in my XDsc and my wife has it in here M&P 9c.
    Got mine from Kyle's also.

6. iRenegade

iRenegade

Jan 14, 2009
    NY
    For Carry, Ranger Ts or Federal Hydra Shok or HSTs.
    Range, CCI Blazer tin cans
    all 147gr

7. Huber

Huber G1 Niner Rockin

Feb 1, 2011
    Crystal City, MO
    Carry either Hornady hollow point 115gr or American Eagle flat jacket 147gr

Range is federal 115gr, blazer brass 115gr, american eagle 147gr or worst case tulu 115gr

8. thesilverbullet

thesilverbullet

Dec 28, 2011
    DeepSouth
    getting in late here - have 124 & 147 +p HST for my g19 and 230 HST +p for my 21 & 36

9. Redryder79

Redryder79

Oct 1, 2015
    I'll post a third vote for Federal 9BPLE, or even 9BP. It has a good track record, reliable shape for feeding and cheap enough to train with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. rangerhgm

rangerhgm NRA Member

Sep 22, 2005
    Beavercreek, OH
    Fed HST 124 standard JHP.....just can't find it everywhere

11. I have switched to CorBon DPX in all of my handguns. Expensive but worth it in my humble opinion.

12. TexasDogmeat

TexasDogmeat

Apr 13, 2012
    I really like these newer, better designed hollow points in the 9mm! I carry Barnes 115 +P TAC-XPs and Federal 147 +P HST. I also like the Buffalo Bore +P+ 124gr Penetrator for woods carry. I think of a pistol as a "handheld Drill"...put a bullet all the way through a skull or spine and you take care of "most" problems.! The 9mm has been doing that since it was first developed...now we have even better rounds.

13. Sig226ee

Sig226ee

Apr 23, 2016
    NY
    I reload all my range stuff. For carry, it's Speer Gold Dots when I can find them. Either 115/124gr. If I can't get these, Federal HST, Hydra Shok.