close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is your carry load?

Discussion in 'G1 Niners Club' started by 9L0ck, Jan 10, 2012.

1. 9L0ck

9L0ck
    Expand Collapse

What do you guys carry and what is your favorite range ammo?
    I carry Speer gd 124+p. Thinking of using 147 hst but can not find any( little cheaper for 50).
    For the range I like Walmart federal or winnchester NATO if they have it.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. 9L0ck

9L0ck
    Expand Collapse

I bought the gun on black Friday and finaly had a chance to get to the range today. Shoots like a dream!!! I started with federal 115g then RWS 124g(Swiss ammo). No issues at all and the ejection was normal 4:00ish. I ended the visit with 5 shots of my carry load (Speer gd 124+p) at 7 yards. All 5 in the. Center bull and all touching. I had a good time and can not wait to get back out.
    I also should get my new night sights (ameriglo idot with pro glo green ring front) and smooth face trigger (g17 style) this week.
    Thanks
    BP

I also posted this in the General glocking.

3. Detmongo

Detmongo
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

i shoot what ever i can get my hands on. most of the time it's 124 +p gold dot. in fact this week alone a shot 700 rds of it during a few range trips. it's a great round.

4. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge
    Expand Collapse
    "The Sarge"

Range ammo is either 124gr or 147gr Federal American Eagle. Carry round is Federal HST 147gr standard pressure. Bill

5. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+
    Expand Collapse

Carry is Winchester Ranger 127+p+, range is whatever is cheapest.

6. fletch_man

fletch_man
    Expand Collapse
    Santo Pistolero

Depends on what I can get. Current is Remington GS 124 +Ps, but I'll carry standard pressure Hydra-Shoks, Winchester SXTs, Speer Gold Dots. Mostly 124/147 sometimes +P, sometimes standard pressure. Don't go to the range anymore. The Time is near and I save all the 115 gr fodder for barter.

7. 9L0ck

9L0ck
    Expand Collapse

Well I got my idot installed today. They are top notch and I like them better then the mepro three dot I had on my 23. I also got my trigger in and will install it soon.
    Thanks for the replies guys. The g1niners forum might come back alive. :whistling:

8. limitdliability

limitdliability
    Expand Collapse

I'm currently carrying Federal HST 147 +P in my G19...mostly because I couldn't find the standard pressure HST for a decent price so I ordered 500 of these!
    Practice ammo is typically Blazer alum or Blazer Brass or whatever cheap stuff I can find!

9. ixer

ixer
    Expand Collapse

Carry: Winchester PDX1 147Gr, been thinking about switching to 147gr HST (if i can find them) or Gold-Dots/
    Range: 115gr FMJ American Eagle or lately 115gr FMJ Speer Lawman Clean-Fire. I'm really liking the Clean-fire though, so will probably stay with them.

10. The Shadow

The Shadow
    Expand Collapse

I bought my Gen 2 in 97 and loaded it with Win. Silvertips. A few years later I upgraded to Federal Hydra-Shoks. Just recently upgraded to Hornady Critical Defense. For practice i really like the Fiocchi hardball.

Terry

11. 9L0ck

9L0ck
    Expand Collapse

Did federal stop making the hst? I am also having a very hard time finding some locally. I also looked on federals website and did not see it on there.

12. limitdliability

limitdliability
    Expand Collapse

It seems it has been hard to get HST for quite some time but I don't think they are halting production anytime soon. If they did, that would be quite a shame. It IS still on the website, it is listed under the LE section.

13. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge
    Expand Collapse
    "The Sarge"

The HST is LE only ammo restricted for sale only by the manufacturer. Federal Cartridge Company has been cracking down on dealers/distributors who sell HST to non LE customers. Though I had been a LEO for many years I do not agree with this. The best ammo should be sold to every citizen. Bill

14. 9L0ck

9L0ck
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply and I agree it should be available to everyone.

15. Ranger45

Ranger45
    Expand Collapse

Winchester Ranger-T 147 gr or Gold Dot 124+p for carry; most anything for the range. Planning on picking up some 147 gr HST soon.

16. sgt207

sgt207
    Expand Collapse

124grain gold dot +p

17. G19dude

G19dude
    Expand Collapse

Winchester 127 gr +P+ and Federal 147 gr HST +P are my daily carry.

18. jamaicanj

jamaicanj
    Expand Collapse

I use federal HST +P. I ordered them from Streichers. I've also picked them up from Kyles Gunshop (online)

19. limitdliability

limitdliability
    Expand Collapse

Ditto on Kyle's Gunshop. It seems that stock comes and goes for him just like anywhere else but his prices are pretty good.

20. up1911fan

up1911fan
    Expand Collapse

Same here. Or 124gr +p Speer Gold Dot's if i'm running low. I'm confident in both loads.