Glock Talk banner

What is your 22 "fun gun"?

43K views 178 replies 145 participants last post by  Rick O'Shay 
#1 · (Edited)
22lr is a great round cheap and fun!

What 22 do you have the most fun with?

For me it would be my 10/22 that I just gave to my cousin. I really enjoyed teaching him how to shoot with it.

Since that is now gone, my choice would be my Kel Tec PLR-22.
I can spend hours shooting this thing. She eats through any thing, and is pretty damn accurate.

What is yours? Is it just fun, or more sentimental?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#132 ·
For fun 22's I have my Ruger SR22 and My Ruger Single Six. The SR22 I usually carry around the woods and plink at cans and such. The Single Six has a slightly bigger bore for 22mag so its not the most accurate with 22LR so I also just use that for general plinking.

For more serious target shooting I use my MKIII and my marlin model 60 rifle.

#140 ·
not sure i would trust that, a good 22lr pistol is not the easiest thing to pull off.. the ruger sr-22 is probably the most promising one out right now.

Been thinking about getting an ISSC 22lr....does anyone have any comments.?

#145 · (Edited)
I have two handguns chambered for .22LR and both shoot bricks of ammo in a sitting. Simply cannot be beat for fun!

Buckmark and Single Six.

#146 ·
Called all around Middle Tennessee looking for a shop that had the Ruger SR22's in stock. Seems like the only place that had it was about 2 hours drive from me. Well... needless to say, I made the trip and bought it today. $359 NIB. What sucks is I can't get to the range for about a week and a half. :crying:

#148 ·
As much as I dislike 10/22's, I have to admit that I like mine the most out of all the .22lr rifles I owned. It might be because of the money and work I put into it, or that I generally prefer traditional stock rifles over pistol grip ones.

#150 ·
I have several .22 Fun Guns.

First and foremost is my Ruger MKII Stainless 5 1/2" Bull Barrel. This Ruger was bought new by my late brother and after his passing I purchased it from my Sister in Law. Since it was a special gun to me I decided to make it more special. I had it drilled & tapped in the same hole pattern as the Ruger MKIII's. I also added the following:

Volquartsen Custom Target Sear
Volquartsen Custom Extended Bolt Release
Clark Custom Guns Steel Ruger Trigger
Clark Custom Guns Ruger Grips
On Targer Guns Blast Shield
Weigand Scope Base
Bushnell Trophy Red / Green Multi Reticle Electronic Sight

Next up would be a Ruger 10/22 that I bought from a buddy of mine. When I bought it it had been sitting in a barn for a couple years. Yes it took quite a bit of scubbing and cleaning. The first modification was to have the Factory Carbine Barrel Shortened to 17" (cutting off the front sight in the process). I then had the diameter of the barrel immediately in front of the V Block Dovetail in the Barrel turned down so I could slip a Green Mountain Non Vented Barrel Shroud over the Barrel. I did a trigger job on this Ruger myself and had the headspace set on the bolt, the firing pin pinned and chamfered / radiused the rear bottom face of the bolt. I then set it in a ProMag Archangel 556 Stock which I also modified by adapting a DPMS Carbon Fiber Free Float Tube to the Archangel and I replaced the Archangel Buttstock with a MagPul CTR 6 Position Collapsable Buttstock.

Yet another one is my Custom Ruger Charger. This one has been a work in progress for quite some time now. I actually bought a Ruger Charger and promptly sold the factory Barrel and Stock. I then sent the Receiver, Scope Base and an ALuminum Trigger Housing off to be done in Norrells "Stainless" Moly Resin. I then fitted the receiver with a KIDD 10" Matte Stainless Bull Barrel. I had the headspace set on the bolt, the firing pin pinned and chamfered / radiused the rear bottom face of the bolt. foe the Trigger I sent the Factory Trigger to TT Shooter for one of his Precision Trigger Jobs. I outfitted this with a Burris 3x12x LER Handgun Scope with Fine Plex Reticle and Target Turrets. The stock is a 10/22 Carbine Stock that with the help of my local gunsmith we transformed it into a Charger Handgun Stock with lots of work and modifying the stock so we could attach a T/C Contender Pistol Grip to it.

If I want to get serious about printing nice tiny groups with a Handgun the above Custom Ruger Charger gets the nod.

Lastly I would have to say that after my first range session with it my new Advantage Arms Glock 17/22LE .22 LR Conversion Kit for my Glock Model 22 is going to rank right up there with other favorites.

There are others also but the above are the ones that get the most use.

Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.