Glock Talk banner

What is your 22 "fun gun"?

43K views 178 replies 145 participants last post by  Rick O'Shay 
#1 · (Edited)
22lr is a great round cheap and fun!

What 22 do you have the most fun with?

For me it would be my 10/22 that I just gave to my cousin. I really enjoyed teaching him how to shoot with it.

Since that is now gone, my choice would be my Kel Tec PLR-22.
I can spend hours shooting this thing. She eats through any thing, and is pretty damn accurate.

What is yours? Is it just fun, or more sentimental?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#107 · (Edited)
My Ruger Mark III stainless with bull barrel and ultra dot is my fun pistol.

My Ruger 10/22 stainless with red dot is my fun rifle.

My new stainless 10/22 with mannlicher stock and scope will be here this week. Really looking forward to playing with it after I do the normal Volquartsen changes.

Jim

#117 ·
I have two... first is my new favorite .22LR the Ruger 10/22 takedown, second is my Sig Sauer 1911 Stainless with the Kimber Rimfire Target .22LR conversion on it. Both are more accurate than I am and very fun to shoot... especially if I run CCI Mini Mags or CCI AR Tactical ammo through them.

I've found that the CCI AR Tactical gives very good accuracy and is loaded a bit hotter than most high velocity rounds. In the Kimber Rimfire Conversion the AR Tactical gives the pistol a bit of recoil which makes shooting it very enjoyable.

#120 ·
What stock is that? I like the way it looks!:thumbsup:
It's the archangel 556 stock, and honestly, it's a pita. It's comfortable and light, though. However, the real pain comes when it's time to clean it. To remove the trigger assy, you have to pull the reciever from the stock, and in order to do that, you have to remove the top rail from the stock. In order to do that, you have to pull the scope. Which means I have to re-establish my zero every time I clean it, so I just give it a good enough every so often, and only break it down when it's real bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.