Glock Talk banner

What is your 22 "fun gun"?

43K views 178 replies 145 participants last post by  Rick O'Shay 
#1 · (Edited)
22lr is a great round cheap and fun!

What 22 do you have the most fun with?

For me it would be my 10/22 that I just gave to my cousin. I really enjoyed teaching him how to shoot with it.

Since that is now gone, my choice would be my Kel Tec PLR-22.
I can spend hours shooting this thing. She eats through any thing, and is pretty damn accurate.

What is yours? Is it just fun, or more sentimental?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#53 ·
I picked up this almost new Marlin 39-A a few weeks ago for $400. I bought it at a gunshow from a guy walking around. It was made in '61. I got it home, took it apart and noticed that the firing pin was broken in half. Probably why he sold it. He didn't bother to tell me it didn't function and probably got a good laugh at my expense. I ordered a new one for $23 and now it functions perfectly. This is a neat little rifle.

#55 ·
Buckmark w/5.5 threaded Tactical Solutions barrel, fiber optic front sight.

Ruger 10/22 w/hogue stock and 16" Tactical Solutions threaded barrel. Vortex 3-9x scope with red dot center.

#58 ·
Mine is my Henry 16" loop lever .22lr I just picked up "used" with only a half a box of rounds put through it. I got it for $200.00

I have been wanting a Henry .22 for a few years but just didn't want to spend the money. I stopped in to the shop to browse and the used Henry was on the rack as used and marked down. I've known the guys at the shop for years and they told me a customer bought it, had it for a week and brought it back to trade on a muzzleloader saying he didn't like the way it shot....he also brought in the box of rounds he purchased with it and it was about half full.

I asked the best price they could do.....they said $200......I said sold. Finally got the Henry I've been thinking about and didn't feel all that guilty for that price. I've put a few hundred rounds through it in the last few weeks and it is a fantastic little rifle. Accurate, reliable and fun.

#62 ·
SIG 522 w/Millett red dot. The most fun you can have with your pants on.
I appologize sir, but I will have to respectfully disagree. You obviously have not played with, this;

Itratec Tec-22, with reflex sight, barrel shroud, and single point sling. Minute of beer can at 50 yards, no prob.

Next I love my 10/22.

#74 ·
You still got a good deal... Value of these are increasing since Remington screwed up Marlin.

I picked up this almost new Marlin 39-A a few weeks ago for $400. I bought it at a gunshow from a guy walking around. It was made in '61. I got it home, took it apart and noticed that the firing pin was broken in half. Probably why he sold it. He didn't bother to tell me it didn't function and probably got a good laugh at my expense. I ordered a new one for $23 and now it functions perfectly. This is a neat little rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.