close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What is this Springfield Armory model?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by La26, Feb 4, 2011.

1. La26

La26

Aug 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    Sorry if the title is a little misleading. I don't have a photo of the gun, it was at the local gun shop. It is a 5 inch Springfield Armory Stainless Steel
    .45 auto. The top of the slide is ported (supposedly factory ported), and the barrel has porting holes also. I couldn't find it on the SA website, and am wondering if this is a factory port job. The gunshop owner said he took it in on a trade, and asking price is $579.00.
    Does anyone have any knowledge about this gun? Does SA offer a ported weapon? Is this price out of line for the gun in excellent condition with two mags?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  2. Nickpisp

Nickpisp

Oct 12, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Does it say "V-12" on one side?

[​IMG]

3. dansub40

dansub40

Jan 15, 2011
    Springfield does has their own in-house custom/gunsmith shop. Yes they do offer ported barrels and slides but it could have been done at another gunsmith. Who knows.

I'm assuming its a newish 1911 from your description so $579 used sounds fair.

4. La26

La26

Aug 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    Nickpisp,
    That appears to be it. Thanks for posting the photo, it will make it a lot easier for someone to identify it. Don't remember if it had "V-12" on it.

5. Nickpisp

Nickpisp

Oct 12, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Um, it's a Springfield V-12......