What is the "worst" gun you ever owned/shot?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TSAX, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Worst handgun I ever owned was an early Kahr P40. FTF, FTE, FTRB, mags dropping out under fire. Luckily it was the shortest ownership too. I had a 3 day inspection period and was lucky enough to get a refund on that piece of crap. i have had two Kahr 9's that are perfectly reliable and excellent pistols all around. Worst long gun was my Charles Daley semi-auto shotgun. that shotgun simply refused to cycle anything but the expensive high velocity shells. It had too much spring, and I think the expansion chamber was out of round and did not get enough push on the piston. Its now a $400 paperweight. one of the reasons I bought was the lifetime warranty :rofl::rofl::rofl:

They went out of business about two months after I bought it.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

Can't believe I left out my Master Piece Arms MPA-22T. It's a .22 MAC-10 style firearm that is by far the worst gun I ever owned. Empty shells get caught in the receiver, the fake suppressor falls off, it jams every other round, magazines suck. I think the bolt is just too damn heavy to actuate with the .22 round. It is a gun that should never been made- based on my own personal experience.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

inbound.

4. Never really had a "worst" gun, so I had to think about this one. My most disappointing is a Browning Low Wall .270. Horribly heavy trigger and, even with a vintage 16x USA Burris scope, kicks way more than it should.

5. Merlin40

Merlin40 Merlin40

I can identify with that. Had a Taurus 24/7 Pro in .45. Never did get it sighted right. and the magazine used to drop out at about the 5th round. Went Glock 23, and never looked back.

6. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues
    Silver Member

An original Mod. 39 S&W

Absolutely beautiful fit and finish. Ran OK, no problems.

Threw a dispersion of bullet impacts like a shotgun pattern, even if shot from a rest.

Friend said they had problems with rifling the barrels on those models, but it was moot at that point, I got rid of it ....

7. my single shot 20 gauge lever action. It sits in the back of the safe ain't worth anything so I just keep it. I can't even remember the brand.

8. Ithaca, maybe?

9. I have never owned any bad guns. All of mine work flawlessly for the most part.

The two worst i have ever fired were a jimenez 9mm and a sw sigma .40. The Jimenez had a horrible hang fire and later when my friend let me try it again it literally fell apart in my hands! The sigma had the most awful trigger i have ever felt.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. #170 NickC50310, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  11. Weste

"COP" four barrelled .357 Mag derringer. Kicked something fierce.

12. High Point .45. It functioned properly, but big, ugly and just, well, ugly. Ruger p-89...***** to break down and clean.
    Love my G-27 and G-22

13. You were brave enough to shoot a jimenez ? Man, you got balls.

14. Charles Daily pump 12 gauge..eeeww, refused to punch the firing pin about every 4th round.

15. Didnt know any better back then! Glad i have good safety habits and that sob was pointed down range when it fired three seconds after i pulled the trigger!

16. SCCY 9mm. Damn thing was a PIECE!! Had an unintentional discharge at the firing range, Luckily I was holding it down range. The safety switch broke off after the second mag.

17. S&W Sigma 40. that thing was terrible!

18. I have a Sigma 40 and even though the trigger sucks, its super accurate and has been nothing but reliable. For less than 300 bucks I can't complain.

19. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Seems like Taurus, Hi Point and Sigmas are dominating this thread, not surprised

:50cal:

#179 TSAX, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  20. cysoto

cysoto Gone Shooting!

In my case, the worst pistol I have ever owned is a Charles Daly 1911. There is a good reason why that company is no longer in business and that is that their products sucked!!