Glock Talk banner

What is the "worst" gun you ever owned/shot?

52K views 289 replies 223 participants last post by  RWBlue 
#1 ·
Im glad I usually shot a gun before I buy it so I havent owned any duds. I know some people like this gun but I shot a Ruger LCR and didnt' like the stock trigger on it.

:50cal:

#127 ·
I knew Ruger had good customer service, but you shouldn't expect them to fix your Taurus for you. It doesn't make sense.
Me bad!! I meant Taurus, egads, how did I do that? Now I will try to correct it, thanks.

#128 ·
.Jennings .22lr semi automatic. It was a jamalicious inaccurate piece of junk.
.Rossi .44spl. Took both thumbs to cock the hammer and it was nearly impossible to shoot single action. Nothing going on in the accuracy department either.

#130 · (Edited)
The worst gun I ever had was a G30SF. Fortunately Glock's customer service came through and replaced it with a NIB G30 that ran fine. The second worst was a Springfield Armory 1911A1 Micro GI. It was sent back to Springfield and still failed to run. A braggard at the range offered to buy it saying he could get any 1911 to run. I sold it to him with the warning it was a POS. He doesn't talk to me anymore, guess he never got it to run. :dunno:

#137 · (Edited)
Sterling .22. Makes the Jennings .22s look like works of advanced firearms art. The trigger on it brought new meaning to the word "vague" on the rare occasions it would actually fire. Ended up using it for a decoy weight. In that role, it was superb...:supergrin:

#141 ·
My Intratec 22 ("Tec 22") jams about every 5 shots and, like someone said about the Tec 9, is not accurate and sights are not adjustable. The gun would be fun to shoot if it didn't jam.

My Kel-Tech P-32 is also a jam-a-matic, which is disappointing. It's the second P-32 I've owned. The first one didn't jam.

#142 ·
Sig Mosquito: Could not finish a magazine without having some sort of jam issue. Sold it within a week of buying it.[/QUOTE]

I had the WORST luck with a Mosquito that my wife bought me for a Birthday present...Wouldnt get through a mag with any type ammo...I was at the edge of just tying a rope to it and drag it down the road to see the sparks fly...But I ended up pulling the barrel and did a home made ramp improvement...It still has the occasional FTF FTE...But it definately works a 1000% better than it originally did...

To this day...My wife still dont like all sigs just because of the Skeeter!!!

#143 · (Edited)
The very first 1911 I ever bought was a Kimber Eclipse 10mm....and an 1100 dollar paperweight. It wouldn't fire 2 or 3 before jamming up, but I smoothed things out with some flitz and a felt dremel wheel and it actually worked afterwards. However I was so pissed that at that point I'm not sure I actually wanted to keep it, so I sold it.

The Diamondback DB9 is garbage IMHO. Slide-bite city (poor design) and while the first one I owned wasn't as bad as the second, neither one of them ran right out of the box. The second one never ran.

On a positive note, the Kahr CM9 and CM40 both are fantastic small pistols!

#144 · (Edited)
Honestly ive never had a bad or worst one so I will go with most DISAPPOINTING one which would be the Glock 23. Didnt care much for the .40S&W round and its gone from my lineup forever(just as soon have the .45 ACP as it does everything the .40 will and with a nicer recoil). But on to the Glock its self...ive still only found 1 Glock out of their whole lineup (the 36) that actually fits my hand well..all the rest have what I call the industry worst grip+grip angle...just horrid...Owning a Glock turned me into a non glock owner...I was a kool-aid drinker/glock lover till I owned one and found out how BAD the grips were. Went from having a gun id always wanted to own(could never afford the glock) to owning one and hating it lol.

#148 · (Edited)
Ruger P95, brand new. Would fail to feed or stovepipe 3 times per mag. 2 trips back to Ruger on my dime, they said it was "within spec." When I spoke (politely) to Ruger by phone, 3 times, each time I got attitude like why was I bothering them, or how dare I say their gun was defective.

Made a Glock believer out of me!

#149 ·
taurus pt908!! it looked great but a hunk of junk...
:steamed::steamed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.