Glock Talk banner

What is the "worst" gun you ever owned/shot?

52K views 289 replies 223 participants last post by  RWBlue 
#1 ·
Im glad I usually shot a gun before I buy it so I havent owned any duds. I know some people like this gun but I shot a Ruger LCR and didnt' like the stock trigger on it.

:50cal:

#102 ·
A Radom P-64. The D/A trigger pull is a crime against humanity, and the grips are worse. Using the decocker will result in shattering the safety barrel, and the recoil is brutal. Otherwise, its a fine weapon.

In fact, it's accurate and does not jam. So it's a mixed bag.
I agree with everything you said! It is damn accurate in single action though.

#104 ·
I bought a new Ruger mini 30 and set it up with a scope to deer hunt with. That gun would not shoot under 8" groups with any ammo I could find or load. I didn't keep it long.

Doyle
Doyle,
Was it the gun or the scope? The mini-30 I used to have destroyed scopes. None that I tried lasted more than two trips to the range. When bullets started flying all over, I knew the scope had died...again.

On irons it shot like a mini-14.

#105 ·
I'm not a Kel Tec basher as I've own a very reliable P3at for years, but that PF9 did absolutely nothing for me.
So much this! I had a PF9 that I sent back 3 times before I got rid of it. After a few years I decided to give Kel-Tec another chance and picked up a ceracoted P3AT that has been flawless. Even got an extended 9 round mag for it with a grip extension. Very pleased with it.

#106 ·
6" blued Ruger GP100. Felt like a brick, terrible balance. Couldn't shoot it worth beans.

Was hoping for something like the Security Six I loved; but they'd changed the action so the trigger didn't feel anything like the Six and I could never pick up the rapid fire rhythm that came naturally with the Six.

Kept telling myself what a wonderfully engineered and overbuilt revolver it was and how I should be overjoyed at owning it. Finally, one day, the scales fell away and I traded the turd.

#108 ·
I agree with everything you said! It is damn accurate in single action though.
Do you have one? I resolved not to dry fire or decock any more after I had to replace the safety barrel. Not sure which action stressed it, or whether it was both.

I fabbed some thin grips from aluminum which shrunk the size of the gun, and made it shootable.

#118 ·
My worst was my Walther PPK .380 Reliable but horribly uncomfortable. It is tied only with my Bernardelli Model 80 .380 which is also horribly uncomfortable to shoot. Sold the PPK for a Bersa and never looked back. Still have the Beast Bernardelli

#119 · (Edited)
I have been telling a falsehood while posting here. I had stated before that my Glock was the first handgun I had ever bought. That's not true. I forgot about this jewel. I bought this when I turned twenty one over twenty years ago and I had forgot about it. I only had it about a month when I realized it was a POS. I sold it back to the pawn shop I bought it at. Lol.

Davis Industries .380

#120 ·
Worse pistol I have shot were S&W Sigma and Walter P22. The trigger were just too long and heavy that I can't achieve the same accuracy with any of my other pistols.

I rather spend $100 for a hi point than $200 on either Sigma or P22.

#122 · (Edited)
The worst for me was my very first GLOCK. It was a G36. The magazine always pinched my finger and it constantly had FTE even after a trip back to GLOCK.

I don't know about the FTE on your G36 but I solved the pinching issue by putting the +0 Pearce Grip extentions on the mag. I get a better grip on the G36 that way.

Now for the worst guns, actually there were 3 of them. First was an Ivers Johnson 12 Ga. Champion shotgun that kicked like a mule. Second was a 3" chambered Winchester 37A and yes, I WAS stupid enough to shoot 3" rounds in it. Third is a very last production run Winchester 94 in 45 Colt. It occasionally will let a cartridge slip uner the carrier and lock up the action. :steamed:

#126 ·
RG revolver with a piece of 1/4" galvanized pipe for a barrel. I was chambered for .22 short but we found that if you filed an eighth inch of each 22 long rifle round, they would fit and fire. It went bang every time, but hit 2 feet high at 10 yards...More of a ghetto modification problem than a gun-maker problem, but it was the worst gun I've ever shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.