Glock Talk banner

What is the "worst" gun you ever owned/shot?

52K views 289 replies 223 participants last post by  RWBlue 
#1 ·
Im glad I usually shot a gun before I buy it so I havent owned any duds. I know some people like this gun but I shot a Ruger LCR and didnt' like the stock trigger on it.

:50cal:

#57 · (Edited)
Charter Arms AR-7...

Bought it new in the 1980's, and to this day, I don't think I have ever gotten through a full magazine without a jam.

Because it floats, it does not even make a good boat anchor.
Have you tried taking a .30 spitzer bullet and using it as a mandrel with some wet 0r dry paper and polishing the mouth of the chamber? breaking the edge has helped with a lot of them through the various incarnations.

#59 ·
ISSC M22 (glock look alike) total junk. Also the taurus 709 slim, ran ok but horrendous trigger.My buddy's sigma is no fun to shoot.

#60 ·
Kahr CW40. Hang up after hang up and failure to lock back on the last round every time
Exact same problem with a CW45, but my CW9 runs like a top. I sold the 45...

#61 ·
ISSC M22 (glock look alike) total junk. Also the taurus 709 slim, ran ok but horrendous trigger.My buddy's sigma is no fun to shoot.
What problems did you have with your M22?

I have one and have had great luck with it. After I read from the manufacture, the feed ramp may need light polishing, and followed their advice mine will eat anything.

After playing around with my M22, I discovered it will accept Glock sights. I have a set of G19 sights on it right now.

#62 ·
I had 2 Para Ordance POSs that had the LDA trigger. I love my P series Paras but the LDA trigger is ****. Both of the two that I owned a doublestack 45 and a single stack 9 had trigger issues. I had my local gunsmith fix both and sold them off.

I had a Eaa witness that kept breaking firing pins too but it was used and cheap so my expectations were low.

#64 · (Edited)
Taurus 650 CIA .357, about 6 years ago. I made the mistake of liking it, buying it new, carrying it as my CCW gun and later when I took it to the range it, the cylinder would not advance. I sent it off to TAURUS after paying the shipping $50 as they would not pay it and later it did the same thing.

Melted it at my buddies house and poured the metal into a square mold and threw it away. Taurus revolvers suck as does their customer no service.

#65 ·
Ok the two worst guns I ever bought were both taurus products. I fell into the ad campaign of getting more gun then I should have with a pt1911. It was my second gun i ever purchased and sounded like a baby rattle. Yeah I should have known better but was stupid and young. That gun would fire anything but in a random direction and even off of a ransom rest would make a 1 foot group at 20 feet.

My second tauri that i hated was a 9 shot 22 revolver. I forget the model but it was a 90 something or other. Pretty gun and the first time around the cylinder it was stupid accurate. But after you ran the first 9 through the cylinder would hang up, get stuck and or fail to advance. Trigger would turn into a 20 lb pull at least and the thing that made me get rid of it was when it double fired off of the crane and pelted my dad with bits of bullet fragment. He ended up with a hole in his support hand on his thumb and a pretty good cut on the back of his hand. Taurus didn't believe my story but I sent it in after which they said it was fine and I promptly sold it for a loss with full disclosure to a lgs. He ended up being ok but I felt guilty so I bought him one of those loaded remington 1911's that came out a few years ago. I hate taurus and warn everybody that i know about them now.

#66 ·

I have one and have had great luck with it. After I read from the manufacture, the feed ramp may need light polishing, and followed their advice mine will eat anything.

After playing around with my M22, I discovered it will accept Glock sights. I have a set of G19 sights on it right now.
There will be some guns on here that people will say "I never had an issue with it" and it will be totally true. All our experiences are different. I knew a few people who had issues with the M22 and it mainly had to do with the ammo which is be frustrating problem for many with different guns.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxeh9pxipc0"]3 ammo test on ISSC M22 .22lr pistol - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hfKHbpF1rE"]ISSC M22 Part 2 test with other ammunition - YouTube[/ame]

:50cal:

#68 ·
Desert Eagle in .44 mag.

Always used the proper jacketed ammo, but it jammed a couple times per magazine. It went back to MR twice and it still never ran right.

I sold it to a gun store, disclosed the fact it jammed every mag, got hosed on the selling price. It sucked...

#69 ·

It was very strange. The 1st 1000 or so rounds went well then it all went to hell. Couldn't get thru a mag without an issue. Tried new mags, ammo, polished feed ramp, nothing worked. Sold it for a profit since i got it new for $230-ish.

#70 ·
When I first got my Browning Buckmark (Ironically, I purchased it because the salesman told me they feed everything and seldom ever have a problem) I had so many ****ing jams with it and light strikes that I used to frustratingly hold it downrange for a few seconds when I got a light strike with any ammo. When a live round failed to fire and then wouldn't eject from the chamber, I was livid. I bent the guide rod trying to field strip the damn thing, and got a new guide rod. But now it works a lot better...just light strikes with some ammo, but whatever, it's a target gun.

Worse I've ever shot? When I first got into shooting I purchased a Sig Sauer 9mm that was buttery smooth, unfathomably reliable, yadda yadda. Then somebody offered me to shoot their Colt 1911. Okay. It was huge, clunky, cold, ugly (to me) and jammed every 3 shots. I wondered, "why the hell would anybody buy a 1911 for so much money, when a Glock or Sig is way more reliable and way cheaper?"
I bought my Sig for $650, the guy was trying to sell his jamming Colt for something like $1300....

I did end up buying a Colt 1911 a couple of years back though and it's been great, except for some hang-ups every so often after each mag. Very reliable gun but wouldn't trust it as much as my Glocks or Sigs. :)

#71 · (Edited)
I have seven of the guns mentioned in my safe right now and they have all worked nearly flawlessly. I did have a couple light strikes with the PF9 but a good cleaning took care of that. I think some of you just jump on the internet bandwagon of running down guns that you know nothing about.
To the guy who said the PF9 was cheap pot metal, there's no pot metal in a PF9. That would be the Lorcin.

#72 ·
Desert Eagle in .44 mag.

Always used the proper jacketed ammo, but it jammed a couple times per magazine. It went back to MR twice and it still never ran right.

I sold it to a gun store, disclosed the fact it jammed every mag, got hosed on the selling price. It sucked...
Odds are limp wrist or bad magazine spring.

I have a DE44mag. I have issues shooting when tired (weak wrist). I also replaced a magazine spring that gave me issues.

#74 ·
FEG P9R, a double action BHP clone.

#76 ·
Taurus 650 CIA .357, about 6 years ago. I made the mistake of liking it, buying it new, carrying it as my CCW gun and later when I took it to the range it, the cylinder would not advance. I sent it off to Ruger after paying the shipping $50 as they would not pay it and later it did the same thing.

Melted it at my buddies house and poured the metal into a square mold and threw it away. Taurus revolvers suck as does their customer no service.
I knew Ruger had good customer service, but you shouldn't expect them to fix your Taurus for you. It doesn't make sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.