What is the "worst" gun you ever owned/shot?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TSAX, Dec 26, 2012.

1. barth

barth six barrels

Years ago a friend bought one of the first Kel-Tec 9mm guns.
    No one could get through a single mag without FTF, FTE or light primer strike.
    We coined the name Click-Tec for it (Due to the light primer strikes).
    The gun was unceremoniously dumped at the next gun show.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #41 barth, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. Hesse H91 & Century CETME: Both H&K 91 copies. Both of them would pattern at about a 6" circle at 25 yards... While I would like a 91 platform, this next time it will be a PTR.

Bobcat BW5: MP5 clone that liked to jam at least once or twice a magazine. Although I think it was an extractor issue, I sold it off before I learned enough to diagnose and fix it.

Sig Mosquito: Could not finish a magazine without having some sort of jam issue. Sold it within a week of buying it.

3. That was my experience with the Mosquito too. Sold that POS, fully disclosing its faults.

4. Taurus Pro Millenium 40. I hated that gun and couldn't hit the side of barn with it.

5. My dad had the same problem when he bought one around 5 years ago. Ran fine with CCI Mini Mags but anything else would have multiple failures every mag. If I remember correctly, the users manual actually specifies to only shoot Mini Mags. My dad said bought a .22 so he could shoot a lot of rounds as cheaply as possible so that didn't fly. Totally defeated the purpose for him. He traded it for a Browning Buckmark.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#45 Andy W, Dec 26, 2012
  6. That's odd, mine shoots great. The worst gun I've ever shot was a .22 cal Bobcat. I couldn't get through a single mag without a malf. Didn't matter what ammo I used either.

7. Para Warthog

8. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I have heard horror stories about this gun and although not perfect most of them went to the Walther P22 with very ammo related little issues.

:50cal:

9. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

worst gun I ever shot? hi-point, it would dump the mag after every other round

worst gun I ever owned? I've got an old sears bolt action 12 gauge that my great uncle gave me that has a recall where the bolt could break off and hit you in the eye. yea I've never shot that one.

10. The 'worst' firearm I've owned, and by that I mean the one with the most failures was my USP .45 tactical. Factory ammo of all sorts, ftf and stove pipes, factory mags, I gave up and sold it.

I hold nothing against HK, lemons get past QC of all companies.

11. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

GSG-5 Couldn't get through a mag without 4 or 5 fails.

12. Charter Arms AR-7...

Bought it new in the 1980's, and to this day, I don't think I have ever gotten through a full magazine without a jam.

Because it floats, it does not even make a good boat anchor.

13. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

Any 1911 or BHP. After all the hype I had heard my entire life, they absolutely did not live up to the hype:yawn:

But...... I think my wife's old LCP may have been a little bit worse.

14. I hated shooting the Kel Tec PF9. Cheap pot metal, horrible recoil, terrible fit and finish. Just garbage.

I also hated shooting the Ruger LCP

15. Both are my Glock 32. It is shaving brass so after a couple mags I will experience FTF's, light primer strikes, etc. I know send it to Glock and get it fixed, just haven't gotten around to it. But I guess I need to get on it since 357sig, and 45GAP are close to the only ammo I can find.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. Taurus, or Turdus .22 revolver. Absolute worst trigger never.

17. Have you tried taking a .30 spitzer bullet and using it as a mandrel with some wet 0r dry paper and polishing the mouth of the chamber? breaking the edge has helped with a lot of them through the various incarnations.

#57 countrygun, Dec 26, 2012
  18. Taurus TCP .380 has the dishonor of being the worst gun I've fired/owned. FTF, FTE etc. Easy to carry concealed but untrustworthy. Btw it's for sale or trade. :)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

19. ISSC M22 (glock look alike) total junk. Also the taurus 709 slim, ran ok but horrendous trigger.My buddy's sigma is no fun to shoot.

20. Exact same problem with a CW45, but my CW9 runs like a top. I sold the 45...