Glock Talk banner

What is the "worst" gun you ever owned/shot?

52K views 289 replies 223 participants last post by  RWBlue 
#1 ·
Im glad I usually shot a gun before I buy it so I havent owned any duds. I know some people like this gun but I shot a Ruger LCR and didnt' like the stock trigger on it.

:50cal:

#29 ·
the absolute worst trigger pull of any firearm ever made, including the above referenced nagant revolver.

If someone could have gotten that trigger pull down to a crisp 18 pounds i would have been tickeled to death.
wow, that high huh? I shot a amt back-up 45 which worked fine but had a trigger pull that matched its caliber.

#31 ·
When I was a brand new shooter I bought a Springfield 1911 that I thought was the worse gun ever. After a little research, I realized that I was limp wristing, and with more practice I got out of that phase quickly. The cheapest gun I ever owned was a Cobra FS380. I bought it for 50 bucks and a pair of 5 year old oakleys. It was very accurate and reliable. I've never really shot a bad gun.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#37 ·
Wow, I've had and have a lot of the guns mentioned without a problem.

I had long wanted a Beretta 951 "Brigadeer". A couple of decades ago a bunch of Egyptian made, on Beretta machinery, showed up, they were Milsurps. A couple of my friends got them and I thought they were great but it took me a while to order one from Southern Ohio Gun. Their SGN ad said "Milsurp" so I ordered.

It was not milsurp it had cheezy blued finish, had never been fired. The grips were warped and had a 1/4" gap at the back the proved to pinch the shooting hand in a delightful manner to remind you that the gun had gone off. This was appreciated because there was rarely evidence of the fact on a 10 yard target.

When I initially stripped it for a pre-shoot inspection and lube, I banged the upturned frame on the table and got enough filings and dust to build a "Baby Browning .25".

Once I figured out that it had about a 250 yd zero (uncorrectable with the sights) and I drifted the rear sight to the right as far as I could, I was able to aim at the knee of a B-27 target and shoot fairly tight groups in the throat area, I could even make some of them 3-shot groups before feedway stoppage or a stovepipe gave me a chance to practice my clearing technique. I never had the patience to try much HP ammo in it.

#39 ·
Winchester 94 in 44mag. I bought it used. It was broke. It went bang when it shouldn't have. Then I got it fixed, I mentally just couldn't get past the gun going bang without me pulling the trigger. Even though it was safe (after I fixed it). Even though I lost money on the deal. I decided to sell it.

#41 · (Edited)
Im glad I usually shot a gun before I buy it so I havent owned any duds. I know some people like this gun but I shot a Ruger LCR and didnt' like the stock trigger on it.
Years ago a friend bought one of the first Kel-Tec 9mm guns.
No one could get through a single mag without FTF, FTE or light primer strike.
We coined the name Click-Tec for it (Due to the light primer strikes).
The gun was unceremoniously dumped at the next gun show.

#42 ·
Hesse H91 & Century CETME: Both H&K 91 copies. Both of them would pattern at about a 6" circle at 25 yards... While I would like a 91 platform, this next time it will be a PTR.

Bobcat BW5: MP5 clone that liked to jam at least once or twice a magazine. Although I think it was an extractor issue, I sold it off before I learned enough to diagnose and fix it.

Sig Mosquito: Could not finish a magazine without having some sort of jam issue. Sold it within a week of buying it.

#45 · (Edited)
That was my experience with the Mosquito too. Sold that POS, fully disclosing its faults.
My dad had the same problem when he bought one around 5 years ago. Ran fine with CCI Mini Mags but anything else would have multiple failures every mag. If I remember correctly, the users manual actually specifies to only shoot Mini Mags. My dad said bought a .22 so he could shoot a lot of rounds as cheaply as possible so that didn't fly. Totally defeated the purpose for him. He traded it for a Browning Buckmark.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#46 ·
A .32 Tomcat

Yes... I bought a .32
:embarassed:

^
That's odd, mine shoots great. The worst gun I've ever shot was a .22 cal Bobcat. I couldn't get through a single mag without a malf. Didn't matter what ammo I used either.

#48 ·
Sig Mosquito: Could not finish a magazine without having some sort of jam issue. Sold it within a week of buying it.
That was my experience with the Mosquito too. Sold that POS, fully disclosing its faults.
I have heard horror stories about this gun and although not perfect most of them went to the Walther P22 with very ammo related little issues.

#49 ·
worst gun I ever shot? hi-point, it would dump the mag after every other round

worst gun I ever owned? I've got an old sears bolt action 12 gauge that my great uncle gave me that has a recall where the bolt could break off and hit you in the eye. yea I've never shot that one.

#51 ·
GSG-5 Couldn't get through a mag without 4 or 5 fails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.