What is the "worst" gun you ever owned/shot?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TSAX, Dec 26, 2012.

1. An old single shot 12 gauge shotgun, with enough drop in the stock to use if for a boomerang if you ran out of shells. The forearm was taped on with friction tape. The finish was early American rust. Thing kicked like a mule.

I must have been about 12. I thought it was the greatest gun in the world at the time. :supergrin:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 CajunBass, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. HK4 in .380. Terrible trigger and no fun at all to shoot.

3. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Taurus PT1911.

Total piece of crap.

4. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Either a new keltec pf9 that simply was a turd or a used ban-era Bushmaster xm15 that had some serious issues related to headspace.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. CanMan

Silver Member

Webley .38 S&W Revolver. Neat to look at but a real PITA to shoot. Trigger pull was soooo loooooong and gritty. Doggone Brits!

[​IMG]

6. Nagant Revolver- had a trigger pull of hand pulling a semi truck in DA , SA was not too bad only because when you fired the weapon in DA it was soo bad that any trigger pull after that felt good.

pistol is cheap , but ammo is not and comes in burst so you have to buy it when it is available and stack it deep

7. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

ive dreamt of a vp70z for 25 or so years i guess. Id tarde for one of i could find one somebody wanted to get rid of and wanted one of my guns....

What about yours did you not like?

8. Fed Five Oh

Fed Five Oh NRA Member

The absolute worst trigger pull of any firearm ever made, including the above referenced Nagant revolver.

If someone could have gotten that trigger pull down to a crisp 18 pounds I would have been tickeled to death.

9. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

wow, that high huh? I shot a amt back-up 45 which worked fine but had a trigger pull that matched its caliber.

10. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

KelTec P3AT Jam-O-Matic. Can't wait for the hate on this one, but Gen 4 G17. So much brass to my face it was like it actually targeted my eyeballs with laser accuracy.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. When I was a brand new shooter I bought a Springfield 1911 that I thought was the worse gun ever. After a little research, I realized that I was limp wristing, and with more practice I got out of that phase quickly. The cheapest gun I ever owned was a Cobra FS380. I bought it for 50 bucks and a pair of 5 year old oakleys. It was very accurate and reliable. I've never really shot a bad gun.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

12. Worst quality = Lorcin 9mm (unknown model). Horrendous close-range accuracy.

Least pleasant = Bond Arms Snake Slayer. It's a true palm killer when loaded with .45 Long Colt but it's not nearly as bad with .410.

13. I bought a new Ruger mini 30 and set it up with a scope to deer hunt with. That gun would not shoot under 8" groups with any ammo I could find or load. I didn't keep it long.

Doyle

14. Worst I've shot was a Tec-9, shot 2.5 feet high and about 1.5 to the right with non adjustable sights. Worst I've ever owned was a Universal M1 Carbine jam o matic.

15. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Glock 19, Kahr P40, and Ruger LCR.

16. A .32 Tomcat

Yes... I bought a .32
    :embarassed:

^

17. Wow, I've had and have a lot of the guns mentioned without a problem.

I had long wanted a Beretta 951 "Brigadeer". A couple of decades ago a bunch of Egyptian made, on Beretta machinery, showed up, they were Milsurps. A couple of my friends got them and I thought they were great but it took me a while to order one from Southern Ohio Gun. Their SGN ad said "Milsurp" so I ordered.

It was not milsurp it had cheezy blued finish, had never been fired. The grips were warped and had a 1/4" gap at the back the proved to pinch the shooting hand in a delightful manner to remind you that the gun had gone off. This was appreciated because there was rarely evidence of the fact on a 10 yard target.

When I initially stripped it for a pre-shoot inspection and lube, I banged the upturned frame on the table and got enough filings and dust to build a "Baby Browning .25".

Once I figured out that it had about a 250 yd zero (uncorrectable with the sights) and I drifted the rear sight to the right as far as I could, I was able to aim at the knee of a B-27 target and shoot fairly tight groups in the throat area, I could even make some of them 3-shot groups before feedway stoppage or a stovepipe gave me a chance to practice my clearing technique. I never had the patience to try much HP ammo in it.

18. NAA Guardian .32acp!! I should have waited and bought the Seecamp. This was in the late 90s.

#38 ajgranda, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  19. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

Winchester 94 in 44mag. I bought it used. It was broke. It went bang when it shouldn't have. Then I got it fixed, I mentally just couldn't get past the gun going bang without me pulling the trigger. Even though it was safe (after I fixed it). Even though I lost money on the deal. I decided to sell it.

20. Glock 26 late Gen3..........Remington Nylon 66......S&W 422