Glock Talk banner

What is the "worst" gun you ever owned/shot?

52K views 289 replies 223 participants last post by  RWBlue 
#1 ·
Im glad I usually shot a gun before I buy it so I havent owned any duds. I know some people like this gun but I shot a Ruger LCR and didnt' like the stock trigger on it.

:50cal:

#6 ·
S&W mdl 39-2.

It got the reputation of being a 'jam-o-matic'.
A real POS.

It COULD have been bad magazines. I didn't keep it long enough to find out.
Sold. Bye-bye. Adios. C-ya! (POS!)

#7 ·
1 of 2 Jiminez 380s I've shot. My father picked up one in Florida a few years ago, shot it when he was in town. Great accurate gun no issues. I picked one up for the price of $155 plus $20 to transfer. Had many issues with the striker resetting and really rough trigger. Had a round discharge on me during a hangup and blew up the follower on the magazine so I'm down to one mag. I believe this was due to a striker reset and hangup issue. I still have the brass piece torn apart.

I still have the gun too, but from a safely standpoint its not worth taking to the range. Honestly I'd feel better shooting +Ps in it to make sure everything resets correctly for the next round. Maybe I'll use it down the road as a single shot to test out some loads etc.

#286 ·
Early sigma 40 was the worst that I owned. Terrible trigger and just not accurate.
Worse pistol I have shot were S&W Sigma and Walter P22. The trigger were just too long and heavy that I can't achieve the same accuracy with any of my other pistols.

I rather spend $100 for a hi point than $200 on either Sigma or P22.
Worst I've ever shot was Keltec P-11, followed by Sigma 40
Sigma in a .40. What a POS.
As others have said, Sigma .40. I bought one as my first new pistol (It was all I could afford way back when)... I would have been better off buying a $350 rock! Bench shooting on a rest AND a vise resulted in hitting low by 2 feet and right by 6-8 inches at 5 yards. Multiple FTF's and FTE's, even has a bullet get stuck in the barrel within the first 50 rounds of buying it!!! And the trigger was heavy, long and vague. Tried calling Smith & Wesson about how badly it shot and all the FTF and FTE problems, they told me to pound sand. I'll never purchase another Smith product again, and warn others to do the same.
I have never owned any bad guns. All of mine work flawlessly for the most part.

The two worst i have ever fired were a jimenez 9mm and a sw sigma .40. The Jimenez had a horrible hang fire and later when my friend let me try it again it literally fell apart in my hands! The sigma had the most awful trigger i have ever felt.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
S&W Sigma 40. that thing was terrible!
I would have to say the early S&W Sigma 40 and the Taurus 709 I just got rid of for my G19c. The Taurus 738 I got for my wife is ok but it would not feed Winchester white box

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I think I'm seeing a trend here, and glad to see it isn't just me. My nephew has one he carries daily and just loves, and is pretty accurate with it. I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it if I was standing inside. I know how to stage a trigger and have done that with some other handguns, the Sigma defies all attempts I've made to figure it out.

He said it was just that I can't shoot .40 S&W and have to admit it is not my favorite caliber. When he got his Glock 22 I put 10 in the ten ring first time shooting it, and can do the same with my Ruger P-91, so it ain't the caliber.

#12 ·
The worst gun I have ever shot was a Glock 30. Sawed off, bumps hitting the wrong spots all over my fingers, topped off by an mushier than average Glock trigger. I have pulled some decent Glock triggers and this wasn't one of them.

Worst gun I have ever owned was a Mosin-Nagant 91/30. What a total POS.

#16 ·
The worst guns I have ever owned were Taurus revolvers. I have never had any luck with them. Either the trigger is too heavy or I have had problems with the cylinder locking up on me. I’ll never buy another one.

#18 ·
This will PO some people! The worst gun I ever owned was a Colt AR-15 in about 1985. Only got the gun because the dude owed me money. Could'nt get used to the clang of the spring in my ear. Turned it made a hundred, never wanted another one. Ruger Ranch Rifle fills the void nicely.

#21 · (Edited)
An old single shot 12 gauge shotgun, with enough drop in the stock to use if for a boomerang if you ran out of shells. The forearm was taped on with friction tape. The finish was early American rust. Thing kicked like a mule.

I must have been about 12. I thought it was the greatest gun in the world at the time. :supergrin:

#26 ·
Nagant Revolver- had a trigger pull of hand pulling a semi truck in DA , SA was not too bad only because when you fired the weapon in DA it was soo bad that any trigger pull after that felt good.

pistol is cheap , but ammo is not and comes in burst so you have to buy it when it is available and stack it deep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.