What is the "worst" gun you ever owned/shot?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TSAX, Dec 26, 2012.

1. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Im glad I usually shot a gun before I buy it so I havent owned any duds. I know some people like this gun but I shot a Ruger LCR and didnt' like the stock trigger on it.

:50cal:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    30 Worst Logo Fails Ever The Okie Corral Today at 12:07 AM
    Global Warming ... Worst Hoax / Scam EVER .... Political Issues Jun 4, 2015
    Worst First Impression you've ever made... Uncategorized Oct 12, 2008
    Worst. Job. Ever. Uncategorized Oct 5, 2008
    Worst Christian song/music video ever.... Religious Issues May 5, 2015

3. Have shot three of them and all had hang ups.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Worst gun I ever shot? That's a SIGMA 9mm.

Worst gun I ever owned? Winchester 94 .30-30.

5. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

5" Kimber TLE II. Just never ran like it's supposed to, even after a trip back to Yonkers. On the bright side, I got plenty of practice with malfunction drills.

6. Kahr CW40. Hang up after hang up and failure to lock back on the last round every time

7. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

S&W mdl 39-2.

It got the reputation of being a 'jam-o-matic'.
    A real POS.

It COULD have been bad magazines. I didn't keep it long enough to find out.
    Sold. Bye-bye. Adios. C-ya! (POS!)

8. ejs54

ejs54 Member

1 of 2 Jiminez 380s I've shot. My father picked up one in Florida a few years ago, shot it when he was in town. Great accurate gun no issues. I picked one up for the price of $155 plus $20 to transfer. Had many issues with the striker resetting and really rough trigger. Had a round discharge on me during a hangup and blew up the follower on the magazine so I'm down to one mag. I believe this was due to a striker reset and hangup issue. I still have the brass piece torn apart.

I still have the gun too, but from a safely standpoint its not worth taking to the range. Honestly I'd feel better shooting +Ps in it to make sure everything resets correctly for the next round. Maybe I'll use it down the road as a single shot to test out some loads etc.

9. 6/7 years ago my friend got a Sigma in 40sw and wow the trigger pull was so long, surprised I hit anything.

10. What was wrong with the 94? Just curious.
    A Charter Arms .38 was the heaviest trigger I ever pulled. Didn't keep it long.
    Had a Bauer .25 that would fire whenever it felt like it after you pulled the trigger.

11. Hamilton Burger

Hamilton Burger Incompetent

I had a Colt Officer's ACP Lightweight I couldn't do anything with.

12. Hands down a para p12-45. Couldn't get through a magazine without a ftf or fte. I also have a pt22 that has been a let down. It runs ok with cci's but is very touchy with anything else.

#11 SGT HATRED, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  13. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

The worst gun I have ever shot was a Glock 30. Sawed off, bumps hitting the wrong spots all over my fingers, topped off by an mushier than average Glock trigger. I have pulled some decent Glock triggers and this wasn't one of them.

Worst gun I have ever owned was a Mosin-Nagant 91/30. What a total POS.

14. 1980s - AMT Hardballer - poorly executed clone of the 1911 design.

15. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Lorcin 380 and a kahr pm45, CHARTER BULLDOG .44SPL.

#15 cowboywannabe, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  16. The worst guns I have ever owned were Taurus revolvers. I have never had any luck with them. Either the trigger is too heavy or I have had problems with the cylinder locking up on me. I’ll never buy another one.

17. Fed Five Oh

Fed Five Oh NRA Member

H&K model VP70.

18. This will PO some people! The worst gun I ever owned was a Colt AR-15 in about 1985. Only got the gun because the dude owed me money. Could'nt get used to the clang of the spring in my ear. Turned it made a hundred, never wanted another one. Ruger Ranch Rifle fills the void nicely.

19. Probably the Taurus TCP. I know what they're getting at, but there is really nothing to hold on to on that gun. Even with such a light round I couldn't control the thing at all.

20. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor
    CLM

An AMT .380 Back-Up....didn't keep it long and replaced it with a Colt Mustang Pocket-Lite...:supergrin:

Then traded the Colt away....:upeyes: