close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What is the purpose of the millennium?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Vic Hays, Jun 5, 2012.

1. The Millennium or one thousand years has baffled most people and been the source of a myriad of fanciful interpretations of the Bible.

The purpose of the Millennium is that God's justice be recognized. Mankind is not alone being accused by the accuser of the brethren. When Jesus stepped in to save man, he also took humanity upon Himself.

1. During the Millennium there are two classes of people. There are the living who have been saved and there are the dead awaiting judgment in their graves. Those raised in the first Resurrection judge those who are still dead. Yes, that is what the Bible says, " judgment was given to them".

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark on their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
    20:6 Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection: on such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

2. Paul and Daniel wrote about the saints judging the world and even the fallen angels.

I Corinthians 6:2 Do you not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
    6:3 Know you not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

3. Why if God already separated them with two separate Resurrections are the saints included in the judgment?

It is basic justice that all have their day in court. God is just. Judgment has several phases. Accused, investigated, charged, tried, and execution of judgment.
    The books are opened for all to see. God's ways will be vindicated. Nothing will be hidden. God's ways are just and True and He includes His trusted saints with Him.

Luke 12:2 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
    12:3 Therefore, whatever ye have spoken in darkness, shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets, shall be proclaimed upon the house-tops.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    To provide a psycholigcal incentive to individuals such that they will stay in the church and thereby support the system. Sort of a millenial carrot to offset the stick of hell.

3. The Millinneum comes after the second coming of Christ.
    Some people would choose to hide rather than accept that they are sinners in need of a Savior. They definitely will want to hide.

Revelation 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
    6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every slave, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
    6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
    6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

4. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    I know what it is, I've read the bible cover to cover. My point is still valid. People want to believe that there is a chance that they will not have to endure death. That's why every generation wants to believe that the end times are imminent.

Being swooped up to be with an all loving god and getting to spend a thousand years on a perfect Earth is much less frightening than knowing that one day your body will just shut down and you'll slip into nothingness.

Of course, wanting something to be true has absolutely no effect on it whether it is true.

5. Those are not the reasons I believe.

The Millennium is not spent on earth by the saved. They are in the Holy City. I agree that there are a number that expect the New Jerusalem to be on earth, but not during the Millenneum.

When the thousand years expire the second resurrection occurs. The New Jerusalem descends to earth and those who come up in the second resurrection attack the city. They continue to show the principles of satan which is control by force.

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

6. FCoulter

FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
    ok let's take this one step at a time.

You claim.

"During the Millennium there are two classes of people. There are the living who have been saved and there are the dead awaiting judgment in their graves."

The Bible verse you gave does not support this.

The verse you gave does say.those people that endure to the end and obey God will live and reign with Christ (during the Millenium) 1,000 yrs.

Now according to you only two types of people will be here during the 1,000 yr. the ones with Christ and those that are dead.

My question is who are Christ and the saints reigning over during this 1,000 yrs if everyone but the saints and Christ are dead?

I'll wait for your resonse before using scripture to teach you the truth.

7. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    Initially it was used to smuggle cargo through Emperial checkpoints but from what we have seen it has been predominantly used as a fighter for the Rebel Alliance.

8. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Apr 22, 2007
    North Idaho
    WINNA!!!!!! LOL :rofl:

9. First of all Revelation 20 is quite specific as to who comes up in the first resurrection. It is not "those that endure to the end and obey God".

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark on their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Secondly the Bible makes it clear that these are those in the first resurrection. There are two resurrection, those saved in the Resurrection of life and those lost in the Resurrection of damnation.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, to the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, to the resurrection of damnation.

Third your question shows that you are not aware that God's kingdom is unlike the kingdoms of this earth.
    Authority and power are not the attributes of heaven as far as reigning go.

Matthew 20:25 But Jesus called them to him, and said, You know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority on them.
    20:26 But it shall not be so among you
    : but whoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
    20:27 And whoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

Fourth, there is no text that says the saints will be reigning over other people during the thousand years. The saints are co-regents with Christ just as right now all believers are priests.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

10. FCoulter

FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
    Wow whitism as messed with your reasoning.

Its so twisted that I wonder if I should straighten it out.

Lets look at a few things.

First just prior to the 1,000 yrs beginning we see.

Rev.20:3*And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Notice satan is shut up and bound, why?

So he cant decieve the nations.. If they are either with Christ or dead there would be no nations to decieve.

7*And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8*And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

After the 1,000 yrs you just read satan is released. Why?

To decieve the nations!

If all were with Christ or dead who are in the nations to be decieved?

Do you really want me to go on and show you how wrong EW teachings are?

Do you want me to exposed the flawed invest. Judgement?

I dont understand the vanity that you express oveR and over again when shown the truth but instead of admitting you were lied to and repenting,you choose to post more from sda tracts.

The Bible is clear,

Romans 8:7*Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

11. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    Best answer possible :rofl:

12. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    1 Corinthians 15:20-25, "But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, <sup class="crossreference" value='(AI)'></sup> the firstfruits <sup class="crossreference" value='(AJ)'></sup> of those who have fallen asleep. <sup class="crossreference" value='(AK)'></sup><sup class="versenum">21 </sup>For since death came through a man, <sup class="crossreference" value='(AL)'></sup> the resurrection of the dead <sup class="crossreference" value='(AM)'></sup> comes also through a man. <sup class="versenum">22 </sup>For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. <sup class="crossreference" value='(AN)'></sup><sup class="versenum">23 </sup>But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; <sup class="crossreference" value='(AO)'></sup> then, when he comes, <sup class="crossreference" value='(AP)'></sup> those who belong to him. <sup class="crossreference" value='(AQ)'></sup><sup class="versenum">24 </sup>Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom <sup class="crossreference" value='(AR)'></sup> to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. <sup class="crossreference" value='(AS)'></sup><sup class="versenum">25 </sup>For he must reign <sup class="crossreference" value='(AT)'></sup> until he has put all his enemies under his feet. <sup class="crossreference" value='(AU)'></sup><sup class="versenum">26 </sup>The last enemy to be destroyed is death."

Jesus is the First Fruit. This is how He fufilled the feast of the First Fruit, btw.

2 Peter 3:10-13 "<sup class="versenum">10 </sup>But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. <sup class="crossreference" value='(S)'></sup>The heavens will disappear with a roar; <sup class="crossreference" value='(T)'></sup> the elements will be destroyed by fire, <sup class="crossreference" value='(U)'></sup> and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. <sup class="versenum">11 </sup>Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives <sup class="versenum">12 </sup>as you look forward <sup class="crossreference" value='(W)'></sup> to the day of God and speed its coming.<sup class="footnote" value='[b]'>[b]</sup> <sup class="crossreference" value='(X)'></sup>That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. <sup class="crossreference" value='(Y)'></sup><sup class="versenum">13 </sup>But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, <sup class="crossreference" value='(Z)'></sup> where righteousness dwells."

Revelation 20:1-6, "And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, <sup class="crossreference" value='(A)'></sup> having the key <sup class="crossreference" value='(B)'></sup> to the Abyss <sup class="crossreference" value='(C)'></sup> and holding in his hand a great chain. <sup class="versenum">2 </sup>He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, <sup class="crossreference" value='(D)'></sup> and bound him for a thousand years. <sup class="crossreference" value='(E)'></sup> <sup class="versenum">3 </sup>He threw him into the Abyss, <sup class="crossreference" value='(F)'></sup> and locked and sealed <sup class="crossreference" value='(G)'></sup> it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations <sup class="crossreference" value='(H)'></sup> anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.
    <sup class="versenum">4 </sup>I saw thrones <sup class="crossreference" value='(I)'></sup> on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. <sup class="crossreference" value='(J)'></sup> And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded <sup class="crossreference" value='(K)'></sup> because of their testimony about Jesus <sup class="crossreference" value='(L)'></sup> and because of the word of God. <sup class="crossreference" value='(M)'></sup> They<sup class="footnote" value='[a]'>[a]</sup> had not worshiped the beast <sup class="crossreference" value='(N)'></sup> or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. <sup class="crossreference" value='(O)'></sup>They came to life and reigned <sup class="crossreference" value='(P)'></sup> with Christ a thousand years. <sup class="versenum">5 </sup>(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. <sup class="crossreference" value='(Q)'></sup><sup class="versenum">6 </sup>Blessed <sup class="crossreference" value='(R)'></sup> and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death <sup class="crossreference" value='(S)'></sup> has no power over them, but they will be priests <sup class="crossreference" value='(T)'></sup> of God and of Christ and will reign with him <sup class="crossreference" value='(U)'></sup> for a thousand years."

So, it is clear the earth is destroyed, and those of the first ressurection are with Christ in heaven.

Where are these other humans dwelling? In a destroyed earth where there is only the dead? The only humans in existance then are these:

1 Thessalonians 13-18, "Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed <sup class="crossreference" value='(W)'></sup> about those who sleep in death, <sup class="crossreference" value='(X)'></sup> so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. <sup class="crossreference" value='(Y)'></sup><sup class="versenum">14 </sup>For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, <sup class="crossreference" value='(Z)'></sup> and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. <sup class="crossreference" value='(AA)'></sup><sup class="versenum">15 </sup>According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, <sup class="crossreference" value='(AB)'></sup> will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. <sup class="crossreference" value='(AC)'></sup><sup class="versenum">16 </sup>For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, <sup class="crossreference" value='(AD)'></sup> with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel <sup class="crossreference" value='(AE)'></sup> and with the trumpet call of God, <sup class="crossreference" value='(AF)'></sup> and the dead in Christ will rise first. <sup class="crossreference" value='(AG)'></sup><sup class="versenum">17 </sup>After that, we who are still alive and are left <sup class="crossreference" value='(AH)'></sup> will be caught up together with them in the clouds <sup class="crossreference" value='(AI)'></sup> to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord <sup class="crossreference" value='(AJ)'></sup> forever. <sup class="versenum">18 </sup>Therefore encourage one another <sup class="crossreference" value='(AK)'></sup> with these words."

13. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I always did like Han Solo.

14. That was the Millenium Falcon. Actually Starwars had a lot of religion in it, but it wasn't Christianity.

15. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    Way to go buzz killington.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f68VXKMZT1Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f68VXKMZT1Q[/ame]

Star Wars has a lot of mythology in it no doubt. Which is how discarded religions are referred to. In the future even the major religions of today will rightly be regarded as nothing more than myths.

16. It seems twisted to you because your understanding is twisted. There are no Bible verses that talk about teaching people or ruling over people during the Millennium. You only have inferences. I have solid Bible texts.

1. satan is bound for the 1000 years because he is on a wrecked earth with no living humans to tempt.

Revelation 19:17 And I saw one messenger standing in the sun, and he cried, a great voice, saying to all the birds that are flying in mid-heaven, ‘Come and be gathered together to the supper of the great God,
    19:18 that ye may eat flesh of kings, and flesh of chiefs of thousands, and flesh of strong men, and flesh of horses, and of those sitting on them, and the flesh of all — freemen and servants — both small and great.’

Revelation 19:21 and the rest were killed with the sword of him who is sitting on the horse, which [sword] is proceeding out of his mouth, and all the birds were filled out of their flesh.

2. satan is released to deceive the nations because there is a second resurrection after the thousand years is up.

Revelation 20:5 and the rest of the dead did not live again till the thousand years may be finished; this [is] the first rising again.

17. herose

herose

Jun 13, 2006
    Kentucky
    That is a true statement. However it cuts both ways. Your not wanting it to be true has no effect on whether it is true or not.

18. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

....and while we're at it, let's throw most of the Books of Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Hosea, Micah, Isaiah, Nahor.....heck let's just throw them all out so that we can justify Ellen White.

19. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

20. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Wow - even for religious issues...wow....

Hint to the OP - a millenium is 1,000 years. That's all. Just like a decade is 10 years or a century is 100.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012