close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What is the longest you've waited for a chl?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Jay26, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Jay26

Jay26

Apr 11, 2006
    I'm at 13 weeks and counting for a Va non-res chl:/

2. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
  3. cm6029

cm6029

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    5 weeks for Utah resident permit. No idea if non-res take longer, but lots of non res attendees at my ccw class.

4. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    The 2nd time I renewed mine, the TBI and FBI were having issues with each other and it took 5 months. Fortunately, I'd sent in my renewal about two months early, but they still had to send me 2-3 provisional letters I could use until it was issued.

5. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    45 minutes. and the apologies were non stop. (computer glitch of some sort)

even under the previous, gun hating governor, our state does it same day. run through insta check, take a photo, mbye.

6. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    I haven't bothered with one in the past decade, but when I did, it took 91 days.

7. I live in Dutchess County New York, the most highly populated area outside of the city. Our pistol permit office has been backed up since 2008, and due to spending cuts there is only like two guys who work in the office. I applied for my CCW in January of this year, didn't get an appointment to get fingerprinted until September. Now I'm in the middle of waiting 4-6 months for them to process it.

I had one arrest when I was younger, but it was over some stupid crap and it was sealed and dismissed on ACD, plus I got my ass together and haven't been in trouble since. I doubt that is having an effect on it, most people I talk to say its about a year turn around.

If I don't get it by the end of January I may seriously cry.

8. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
  9. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    but, at least your name wasn't published in the paper:whistling:

10. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
    The longest I have ever waited for a CHL/Pistol Permit was 13 minutes. 13min from the time I put pen to paper until the CHL was in my hand. Thats the South fer ya!

11. deputy1199

deputy1199

Feb 2, 2012
    My first License To Carry Pistol (LCP) in New York City in 1967 took a full 18 months of BS (application, police interview, fingerprint check, and police background investigation, including a surprise home visit to verify residence) before it was approved -- with restrictions limiting carry to and from a range only. Relocation out of the city to upstate NY allowed me to trade in the NYC license for a full carry state license in 24 hours, which is valid for life unless revoked. Then I obtained a non-resident Pennsylvania full carry permit at the Sheriff's Office in 30 minutes. That's why I retired to Pennsylvania.

12. True haha, did you hear that some real estate blogger gave the paper that did that a taste of their own medicine and published the names, addresses and phone numbers of a bunch of staff who worked there? Epic lulz

13. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Minnesota. Initial issue was about 10 days. Due to a backlog.

14. Jay26

Jay26

Apr 11, 2006
    Its funny, in PA it was two weeks if that. Hard to believe the volume is so bad in VA that it takes more than three months.

15. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Jan 1, 2010
    A cat box in WA
    I had to wait an agonizing 22 hours for my WA permit:faint:

16. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I am about to apply for a NH non-resident CCW permit. We'll see how long it takes.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  17. glock1911revolver

glock1911revolver Vice-Emperor

Nov 2, 2012
    State
    Never applied for a carry permit, but in Minnesota a permit to purchase is required in order to buy a handgun from a dealer (carry permit works as a permit to purchase). I turned in my application in May, but didn't recieve it until March. It expires one year from the application date, so I ended up with a permit that was valid for two and half months. I'm not impressed.

18. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    And I am a Vermont resident! Right next door to NH.