close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is the difference - Slide Stop Lever vs Slide Lock Lever?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Z71bill, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Z71bill

Z71bill

I always figured it was two different names for the same thing --

Considering ordering a GEN4 G21 from Glockmeister -

http://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-21-Gen-4/productinfo/G21GEN4/

Trying to determine if I want to add any "options" - they will install for free.

They have a tab for

Slide Stop Lever - your choices are

Stock set up or Glock extended slide stop lever (+$19)

They also have a tab for

Slide Lock Lever - choices are

Stock set up or Glockmeister extended slide lock lever (+$10)

:dunno:

I have always kept my SD guns mostly stock - except for night sites - any of these "upgrades" worth considering?

2. Rustin

Rustin

Maybe keep it stock then shop around for aftermarket parts. If it's carry I prefer stock but the Gen4 vicker's mag release looks interesting.

3. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

The slide "stop" lever is what you locks the slide back after you shoot the last round in a magazine.

The slide "lock" is the piece that locks up with the barrel in recoil. The tabs on the side of it are what you use when removing the slide via a field strip. Many people complain there's not enough there to grab onto... the extended version makes it easier to pull down.

4. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

^^^ Some of that is due to people pulling the slide back too far and they think it's the tab causing the problems.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  5. 125K9

125K9

Trying to keep things simple, the slide STOP is that actual lever on the left rear of your Glock's frame. It's what stops the slide, and locks it back, when you run out of rounds in the mag. The slide LOCK is that small "pull down" lever that runs across the front part of your Glock's frame. It's the part that we've all cursed when trying to field strip our pistols.
    Hope this very simple explanation has helped a little. I can't advise you on the alternate parts.

6. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Picture courtesy of GT member Butch:

[​IMG]

7. Z71bill

Z71bill

Thanks -

I never use the slide stop lever while shooting - I always just pull back on the slide and release to chamber a round after replacing an empty mag. So no need for an over sized lever.

Never had a problem taking my slide off - no need for an over sized slide lock.

Who says you can't teach anything new to an old dog. I learned something today!

But in about 15 minutes if someone asks me what the difference is between a slide lock and a slide stop there will still be a 50 % chance I will get it wrong.

8. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

9. GlockmeisterAZ

GlockmeisterAZ

We (Glockmeister) install all the parts for free. A slide stop lever is used to release the slide when it is held to the rear, a slide lock is the part used to disassemble the slide from the frame. The two parts we offer make both controls easier to manipulate.