close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is the best AR Forum?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Two Guns, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    Hey guys, I love Glock Talk but I was wondering what is your favorite AR forum? Thanks in advance

2. nrabnf

nrabnf NRA Benefactor

Nov 5, 2011
    Chiloquin Oregon
    Probably AR15.com

3. bullittmcqueen

bullittmcqueen Gunfighter

Feb 18, 2011
    Leesburg, GA
    m4Carbine and its not even close.

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    I have an account there solely to lurk, but I have to completely agree with this post.

5. M4Carbine has more that a few "richards", but they also have some pretty knowledgeable members. Just be sure to have a thick skin because some of those folks know absolutely everything ( :devildance:) and they'll let you know it.

6. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    I use to frequent AR15.COM for many years. I never cared much for M4carbine.net. I have pretty much reside myself to GT's Black Rifle Forum. There is not an over-abundance of Kool-Aid drinkers or Tier Chart worshippers here. What I like about the GT forum is that it is more helpful toward AR newcomers. It is a great source for the new AR guys to be heard and helped without being critically chastised.

7. B.Reid

B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    Montana
    Unlike here?:rofl:

8. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    I just ask "SURF" here at GT.

I also lurk around at lightfighter.net

The ego's and mall ninja's at the other forums are just too hard to stomach.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  9. Jack Black

Jack Black

Dec 19, 2000
    Vegas Baby!
    m4carbine. But read a lot and post very little. If you have a question, search for it.

10. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    You got that right! God's gifts to the AR world.. Go on AR15 Chatter Box they are some nice folks plus the guy who runs it is cool too.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  11. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA

Not very well designed, too busy for the eyes. But it is informative if you can get pasted that. IMHO

12. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    I prefer AR15.com due to the sheer size and awesome equipment exchange.

13. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Another excellent forum, but covers MUCH more than ARs.

14. KiloXray

KiloXray

Sep 28, 2009
    Earth
    This.

15. BBJones

BBJones

Mar 2, 2010
    m4carbine.net Least amount of BS. Use the search and read for days.

16. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    Depends on what you consider the best. No matter what anyone says about m4carbine.net the actual number of professionals / SME related to the AR/M4/M16 either commercial, industry, LE, Military etc is unmatched. The civilian or recreational shooters are amongst the most knowledgeable and rival many of the industry types. The amount of idiots or the circus like atmosphere is kept to minimal or non-existent levels and many get hurt feelings there. Read, read and read. Then if you have a question where an answer cannot be found then ask. If you are wanting to yak it up like a bunch of buffoons check out arfcom general discussion as you will be more at home there. :)

Don't get me wrong as I am a long time member at arfcom and there is good info to be found but sifting through the crap is tiresome. The priority is being an internet revenue site, so the sheer amounts of idiots are tolerated because numbers is numbers.

17. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana

:goodpost:

Thank you :supergrin:

I think it is the best kept secret of the AR15 forums. Small, friendly, and like Cheers...everyone knows your name. We AR family :cool:

18. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    Thanks my friend, I have been approached for online projects such as blogs, websites etc, but time is not there. Heck I don't even pull moderator duties because I cannot devote the time. My professional career is definitely heavily based around this platform of weapon and while I might be noted as an industry professional or / SME on certain forums, I am still learning things about this platform all the time.

I am also a member at lightfighter and if people think M4C is bad, lightfighter will chew you up and spit you out quickly. I know a couple other forums that are worse. :supergrin:

19. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Whatever Surf. I am going to go over to lightfighter & post a pics of my suppressed DPMS SASS 308 & my SBR'd RRA and tell them all why I think they are the best value. :whistling:

20. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    M4C reminds me of those cheesy high school movies where the popular cheerleader is surrounded by airheads that shamelessly kiss her ass and agree with everything she says.

I just lurk there and :shocked: at the ignorance that plauge the "beyond 5.56 AR" section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.