close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is the Best AntiVirus Program

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Hawk11, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Hawk11

Hawk11
    Expand Collapse

Wanting to know what you folks recommend for AnitVirus? I have used Norton for years, but have been hearing bad things about it lately. Any thougts to better AntiVirus?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Melete

Melete
    Expand Collapse

I still stand by Norton. I actually use Sophos, but only because my company provides it for free -- we went with the lowest bidder :( -- and as a systems programmer, it helps to use what you support :)

But I'd stay with Norton -- no AV is flawless, but it's one of the best.

3. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney
    Expand Collapse
    Just Win Baby

I really like AVG from Grisoft myself. I have used it for over 2 years now...maybe 3 and have never had one slip up. And yes, I download a lot of stuff.

Norton and McAfee get all the glory due to all the advertsiing dollars and sponsership...AVG just keeps working :)

4. NetNinja

NetNinja
    Expand Collapse
    Always Faithful

Please do a search on this topic. This was just discussed last week and last month.

5. CranialCrusader

CranialCrusader
    Expand Collapse

I believed that for a long time too... Not any more

The only way is to go to Linux

CranialCrusader

6. 0100010

Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Best method is to use a program thats free, and one that only runs when you need to scan so its not hogging system resources the other 99.9% of the time. I use AVG.

7. mossy500camo

mossy500camo
    Expand Collapse
    ammo found

I was using Norton Internet Security until SAT. Night. I was ripping a cd and attempted to burn a copy of the cd. When all of a sudden everything went heywire. My internet security was completely wiped out and will not reinstall. That SUCKs! I now have AVG antivirus and Kerio firewall. My Pc is still infected with 4 trojans that will not delete or heal. I have them in the AVG Vault.:(

8. Zoolander

Zoolander
    Expand Collapse
    Castrated

Yeah. I need a new Antivirus program too. I've been using Norton 2003 but it's a resource hog and NAV 2004 and 2005 may be too difficult to remove in the future? I am not about to reinstall windows or reformat my harddrive just to lose all my data.

There has to be some links to a comparison of all the Antivirus programs out there. Maybe consumer reports?

Ahhh.