close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What is happening at Ameriglo?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Wickersham, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Wickersham

Wickersham

Dec 17, 2007
    KY
    Anyone else experienced issues lately? I have been using them almost exclusively for years, and all of my Glocks sport Ameriglo night nights of some type.

Recently, I ordered another set directly from their website. Even though the date codes were mismatched (front being newer), the front sight was very dim. I returned them for another set, and got matching date codes but same problem with the front sight - it looks like it was made 10 years ago, the tritium so dim it is hard to pick up even in a pitch black room (date code 2013).

After talking to Rick, he agreed to switch out the front again and visually inspect the new one to make sure it was right. Still waiting to receive (and hopefully it will be correct this go around since the third time is the charm). Can't get Ameriglo to return my calls or answer my emails though and I know they received the bad sight last week based on shipping tracking, which is somewhat disheartening since I have heard their customer service was top notch.

Anyone else experience QC problems lately with their sights, namely the fronts?

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  2. hulk2k8

hulk2k8

Nov 16, 2008
    I ordered a Hackathorn but asked them to switch out the orange front for a lime green one and they did it at no extra charge. It arrived quickly and the front tritium was as bright as the Trijicon HDs that I purchased from Brownells.

Ameriglo front was stamped 2013. The Trijicon front was stamped 2012... presumably late 2012 because they looked identical in brightness.

3. Tarowah

Tarowah

Mar 2, 2009
    Greensboro, NC

Are the front and rear sights the same color? I only ask because I have noticed that green tends to be the brightest , then yellow and then orange (to my eyes anyways)

4. Wickersham

Wickersham

Dec 17, 2007
    KY
    Yes, all green. The front sights I received are night and day difference - rears nice and bright (both the 2012 and 2013 date codes), front sights so dim they are basically useless (both labeled 2013).

I suspect they just sent me back the original front sight I returned the first time. I was told this did not happen when time I talked to them, but it is kind of a stretch (or huge coincidence) that I got two bad front sights back to back in a two week time frame.

Still waiting for a working front sight to arrive, a return call, or email about the situation.

5. Wickersham

Wickersham

Dec 17, 2007
    KY
    Well,

After another email and call to Ameriglo yesterday morning, I finally got a tracking number for my elusive front sight late afternoon.

Logged into UPS to check, and it is headed to the wrong address. You couldn't fake this level of incompetence if you tried. It is not just a transposed house number or something simple - it is in route to a whole different state, LOL.

Have no idea on this one - when I returned the second bad sight I included a prinout with my address, it is also on my invoice, and in their computer system yet somehow it got shipped 600 miles away.

Ameriglo has turned what should have been a simple exchange into a complete train wreck. Based on my experience so far, it would not surprise me in the least to one day open my box (assuming it ever arrives) and find a Springfield XD sight or some other random item in there instead of what I have been waiting on for almost 30 days.

Guess it's time to get the credit card company involved.

6. AmeriGlo

AmeriGlo

Oct 3, 2002
    Looks like this thread needs an update. Although not stated here yet, we did replace the front sight again, sending a new front UPS Next Day Air to the correct address.

It is quite rare for anyone to have an issue with two new front sights in a row. As we successfully deliver thousands of front sights for Glocks every month, there unfortunately may be times when a product does not meet customer expectations due to brightness. For the record we did not simply return the front sight back to anyone. One rear was stamped 2012, the other 2013. These sights are stamped by Trijicon, not us, so we did not re-stamp the rear sight.

We can only speculate why two fronts from different batches did not meet customer expectations. The tritium brightness of the lamp is checked by two different companies in the process of making a sight. Perhaps the tritium lamp was recessed into the metal housing too far, making it appear dim. Other factors may have caused the sight to dim after it was manufactured.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  7. Wickersham

Wickersham

Dec 17, 2007
    KY
    Even though my emails and voicemails have went ignored for the past week, I do appreciate that someone found the time to post in here. I guess any response is better than no response.

It was both front sights that were dated 2013, and both dim - I have received a 2012 and 2013 rear (and both of those were fine). I never thought you restamped the rears, like I said, both of those were fine. I simply thought I got the same bad front sight returned to me.

If you did not send me the same bad front sight twice, then I have no choice but to believe you, and I guess I just happened to receive two bad 2013 front sights in a row like you said. Still somewhat alarming if QC is that bad as I assumed someone would at least visually check the first replacement sight before sending it out and avoid the same problem.

I laid out all the events in the email I sent to Rick this morning.

I understand people make mistakes, but to make the same one repeatedly and then not respond to email/calls from the customer is simply unexcusable. Or to only start caring when they realize others may find out what happened (via this thread).

I also realize that it is just one order for a single set of sights, and you are probably more concerned with large volume orders, but if you look at my sales history you can see I have spent quite a bit of money on your site directly, in addition to the Ameriglo sights I have ordered through third party vendors as well have installed for others.

If I happen to have issues with any of my other Ameriglo sights in the future, you don't have to worry about me bothering you again. I will simply throw them away and replace with a different brand. It is just not worth the time, hassle and frustration of trying to get it corrected based on this experience.

8. Mr KV

Mr KV

Feb 7, 2013
    Japan to NoVA
    Ordered my set late last month and they were fine, no issues.

9. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    I hope ya'll get it ironed out.

I've used Ameriglo for years and they've always made everything right for me.

10. EzGoingKev

EzGoingKev

Feb 18, 2009
    I am having an issue right now.

I want to preface this with that I have bought off of them multiple times and have always been impressed by their great customer service.

I recently ordered a GL-103R which should be an I dot rear, yellow tritium, U shaped notch. The sight I received has a square shaped rear.

I emailed them on March 6 and did not receive a reply. I used the contact form on their site on March 9 and have not received a reply.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  11. AmeriGlo

AmeriGlo

Oct 3, 2002
    The i-dot rear design was changed in late 2012. The new version has a squared notch, thus the reason you were sent the squared notch. We updated the images on our web site and catalog, and sent these images to our dealers. However, I do see some online sellers using the older images, and there is probably still stock of the rounded notch out there. The original U notch is still available (on request) in green.

12. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    Thanks for the update. FYI, on your website, the text description with the image still says "rounded corners" for the I-Dot Pro pair GL-202, but the image shows squared corners. The image for the GL-204 I-Dot Pro pair still shows rounded corners.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/i-dot

13. AmeriGlo

AmeriGlo

Oct 3, 2002
    thanks for the feedback. Errors corrected. We can't check this forum daily so please email us at sales@ameriglo.com if you see an error. Thanks again.

14. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Oct 12, 1999
    Parts Unknown
    Glock won't answer their emails. This may be my
    Last Glock. I work for a Global company. We are busy. We answer emails. If an existing customer emails you, answer them or take the contact info/form off your website.