Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

What is going on with Lakeland (FL) PD?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Jul 13, 2013.

1. countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Sexual indescression is nothing new and we have a more active media to keep us informed but I don't understand why anybody today should be surprised. Over the last 30 years or so the rules have changed. A large part of our population think that police officers should be "De militarized" After all their job isn't special. These silly CUBO rules, the idea that they are never off duty, the idea that they should some how separate themselves from the ever changing morals and values, or lack thereof, is old fashioned and Passé . It is not only unfair to the officers to expect them to maintain a higher moral standard, it makes them feel some how superior to their neighbors and the marvelous, but misunderstood, individuals who's attempts to turn their lives around are often interrupted by some contact with the police that derails their efforts by incarceration.

We no longer demand better behavior than we would expect from a bartender or a guy working at the car wash.

Why are we supposed to be surprised when they act like the rest of the society, I thought that was what we wanted them to do ?

2. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Not sure what to think on this one... I can't honestly say she was a hundred percent innocent or unwilling in every single one of the encounters... we'll have to see the full investigation play out.
  3. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Prosecutor is pissed because he wasn't on the list. :whistling:

Once she's gone through a dozen or so officers, coerced is going to be a hard sell to a jury, I would think. Define coerced... cajoled, or pestered until she relented? Then relented = consensual in my book. If it was threatened, or more pressure than that, obviously a different story.

If she's just going for sexual harassment rather than criminal charges, she's way better off, while the groping charges will be hard to corroborate, sexting pics of your junk ought to be easy to document.

And sex on duty I would think is against policies and procedures most likely, so those guys are going to be in trouble either way.

I'm amazed her husband is standing by her after she's been banging a dozen or so other guys. $50 bucks he's the kind, forgiving husband... until she wins a big settlement, then divorces her butt and takes a big chunk of that change as community property.

4. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    "The investigation revealed an extraordinary amount of sexual conduct that was committed both on-duty and off-duty..."

I think Sue likes to spread it around.

On a side note... I didn't know you 'commit' sexual conduct. I always thought it was something you 'engaged in'.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  5. countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Never met my Ex, did you ?
  6. Pepper45

Jun 15, 2006
    Sounds like she's a bit of a whore that wasn't pleased she couldn't sleep her way all the way to the top. JMNSHWAG.
  7. Maybe she was trying to spice up a slow day... :whistling:
  8. countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Community policing ?
  9. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    same story for decades, just covered more by the state run media.
  10. CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    We have a non sworn employee that has done on average one a year. That is with a couple of long term relationships thrown in there. She just got married after dating one of our guys for about a year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
  11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Lemme guess... dispatcher or records clerk?

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it was not an explorer... not that I haven't heard of that before.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  12. CAcop

Jul 21, 2002

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
  13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

You guys have CSO's? Not a very common position in a lot of municipal places. We had them but called them "cadets" which are basically adult explorers and wrote parking tickets for the most part.
  14. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

[ame=""]Dion And The Belmonts - Runaround sue - YouTube[/ame]
  15. CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    We used to have a dozen. Around 10% of the department. Now we have half that at best. They used to take our cold paper, now they write muni code tickets in our politically sensitive areas the local politicians want the voluntary homeless to stay away from or at the very least not urinate in front of a certain jewelry store.
  16. CW Mock

CW Mock

Feb 4, 2006
  17. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    Umm I would pass on her charms.. She pegged my skankho meter...
  18. S.O.Interceptor

S.O.Interceptor Khem-Adam

Dec 13, 2004
    The Rock of Eternity
    So she says the evil badge and gun weilding cops "coerced" her into sex, dozens of times, with dozens of people? Well what about the firefighter and the non sworn employees? Did they "coerce" her too? How did any of them force her to lie to her husband and make excuses about where she was going? How did they keep her from speaking up if she didn't want to do it? Uh huh.

I'm willing to bet husband caught her and was going to leave her, so she fanricated this elaborate story to gain sympathy.

She's a badge bunny and everyone found out about it.
  19. void *

void * Dereference Me!

You could look at it as analogous to a database transaction.

You can perform a ton of different database operations and perform a rollback, and no database change will have occurred - but once you commit, you've committed.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013