close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is a good carry holster for G26?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by daustin777, Feb 1, 2012.

1. daustin777

daustin777
    Expand Collapse
    Dan

I know this is a personal preference question, but I would like your opinions. I usually carry OWB in a Blackhawk Serpa holster, but I just purchased a G26 and I'm looking for options that would be more comfortable to wear with this pistol. Both IWB and OWB. Any thoughts, even ankle? or with shorts and t-shirt?.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. FLSlim

FLSlim
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to GT. I find OWB to be a little more comfortable. For IWB, you can't go wrong with a CBST or one of the Comp-Tac models. For OWB and at a good price, I really like the Hume 721OT as it really pulls the pistol tight. Finally, at a real low budget cost, you could look at the Glock sport-combat, and the Fobus paddle even works okay with such a small, light gun.

3. Breadman03

Breadman03
    Expand Collapse

A Crossbreed Supertuck will make that disappear, even under a light t-shirt. I have an el-cheapo ankle holster that I don't trust, but it proved to me that I would gladly use a molded ankle rig.

4. Streetglider08

Streetglider08
    Expand Collapse

I just picked up a new g26 as well. Great gun so far. I have been researching itw holsters for a good week now and just ordered a tommy theis horse hide holster. It is like the CB holster but $30 cheaper and the kydex covers the muzzle so it doesn't wear on your pants. He offers 3 different clips which none of them have crosses on like the CB. Another plus IMO. There are really so many holsters to choose from. Right now I'm using a galco stow n go till I get my theis holster. Works great just looking for more everyday comfort.

5. MARINE DIVISION TWO

MARINE DIVISION TWO
    Expand Collapse

Desantis mini-slide for the 26 & 19 very comfortable

6. madmike3668

madmike3668
    Expand Collapse

I carry my G26 in an Occidental leather Stronghold Phoenix. It is a leather iwb that is similar to a Milt Sparks VM2, just rides a little lower. Super comfortable all day and disapears under a t-shirt. Only drawback is it's a little expensive.

7. GEN3

GEN3
    Expand Collapse

Depends where you want to carry. If you want to go behind the hip a supertuck or Mtac is the way to go. If you want to carry appendix I'd suggest looking into a high noon mr.softy or side guard minimal clip. For appendix carry I've found that holsters that don't have a whole bunch of material conceal better in this position. If your not sure yet at this point pick up a remora because you can carry it in any possible position to figure out where your "sweet spot" is. I love the remora for pocket carry as well.

8. Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin
    Expand Collapse
    Fisher of Men

I carry my G 27 in a MIC Holster. It is very concealable, cheap & very safe.

9. moishlashen

moishlashen
    Expand Collapse
    Senile Member

As stated above there are a lot of good ones out there. I use the Crossbreed and can't imagine a more comfortable rig for all day carry.

Check out the Crossbreed seconds website-I've bought 3 from them and all were labeled as "good" or "very good" and they were near new and were $35-$45 plus shipping. They are picked pretty clean right now but they update it periodically.

http://www.crossbreedseconds.com/

10. ghr1142

ghr1142
    Expand Collapse

My G-27 & 33 I carry both in a Don Hume IWB holster and you cant beat the price for a quality leather holster. I can buy almost 3 for the price of others ! Good luck.
    GHR1142

11. The Habit

The Habit
    Expand Collapse
    كافر

I carry a G27 OWB and am partial to easy on/off holsters. I've had much success with these two:

Galco Matrix M7X:
    http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=3113&CatalogID=4

UBG Regulator:
    http://www.ubgholsters.com/owb.htm

The UBG is a steal at $70 IMO. It's very nicely made and turnaround is only a few weeks (I have a Regulator for my G27 and one for my HK P7). It's similar to an Alessi CQC-S which is what I originally wanted but dropped off the waiting list after 13 months.

12. up1911fan

up1911fan
    Expand Collapse

I've used a lot of holsters with mine. Here's the ones I liked. IWB: MTAC, Kramer #3, Blade Tech NANO. OWB: RCS Phantom, Comp Tac paddle, Ritchie CQQR, Kramer Belt Scabbard.

13. Slug71

Slug71
    Expand Collapse

14. dave27

dave27
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

MTAC Slide! All my Glocks fit it, same feel/location no matter which one I'm carrying.

15. Shocker73

Shocker73
    Expand Collapse

My Galco KingTuk is very comfortable.

16. winder

winder
    Expand Collapse
    Having fun!

I carry mine in a Galco M5X kydex paddle. Easy on, easy off, cheap and comfortable.

17. TnGlocker12

TnGlocker12
    Expand Collapse

I carry my 26 in a Crossbreed Supertuck. It also works fine for my 19.

18. kmb

kmb
    Expand Collapse

I carry a g27 owb in an X-Concealment 'C' type holster. No problem concealing with an un-tucked t-shirt or golf shirt.

19. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild
    Expand Collapse

I was actually going to ask if that would work. I have a G26 and plan to get a G23 soon, and was wondering if I order a CBST or a White Hat holster (same thing as CBST) if it would fit both guns. Looks like it will.

20. Big Time

Big Time
    Expand Collapse
    Senior User

Try the Glock holster until you find the one you want,I have 2 of them,one for my 26 and 19,and one for my 21.They hold up against the body very nicely and conceal pretty darn good.