close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What is a False Prophet?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by achysklic, Jul 19, 2011.

1. achysklic

achysklic

Jan 26, 2009
    Mat 24:23-24 says: "Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect."

With this being said with all the different denominations we have today, and most of them have founders whom made many false prophecies.

Should those in those denominations flee, when the false prophet is discovered?

If they stay,what is their fate?

There are 7 test to determine is a prophet is true or false.

Test 1--Do their predictions come true?

an example is:
    In 1831 William Miller predicted the end of the world and the return of Jesus Christ in 1844.
    His prediction failed.
    In essence he was a false prophet.

Test. 2 --- Does the prophet have a divine commission?
    example:
    Years ago, a T.v. evangelist told the public that God wanted him to build a hospital and if he did not get enough money then God would let him die.

Test 3--- Are the prophecies consistant with scripture?
    2 Pet 1:20-21 knowing this first, THAT NO PROPHECY OF SCRIPTURE IS OF ANY PRIVATE INTERPRETATION,
    {21} for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

Test 4--- Do people benefit spiritually from the prophets ministry?
    1 Pet 4:11 "If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen."

Test 5---Does what the prophet say or do conflict with Gods 10 commandments?
    Deu 13:1-6 "If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder,
    {2} and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods'; which you have not known; 'and let us serve them,'"
    {3} you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is TESTING YOU to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul."
    {4} You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him."

Test 6---Test the spirits
    1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Test 7---Does the prophet teach the truth?
    1Tim.6:3 "If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness,"
    {4} he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions,"
    {5} useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. FROM SUCH WITHDRAW YOURSELF."

So I ask if you are a member of a denomination that has a founder, or leader who has claimed to have the gift of prophecy put them up against the 7 test. If they fail in any way I suggest you move on fast.

Anyone have any experiences with false prophets?

2. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    Yes. There are a whole crapload of people who have experience with false prophet(s).

3. achysklic

achysklic

Jan 26, 2009
    Those videos are awesome...Why are so many people decieved by them?

I just don't get the people who are followers of

Miller, Harold Camping, Armstrong, Ellen White, ect. These people all clearly proved they were false prophets yet Millions cling on to the teachings and the church they led.

Why?
    There is alot of good,smart people in these groups whom are abit brainwashed I guess.

4. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    They *want* or *need* to believe in something. It's just that simple. If they were born someplace else, they would believe something else.

5. dreis454

dreis454

Jul 11, 2009
    Enfield,CT
    Google 'the 44th President of the United States'....

6. creaky

creaky Pamwe Chete

Dec 12, 2007
    The Orion Spur
    Careful there. You're going to be in trouble with your pal Vic.

7. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    I think that every single tele-evangelist on earth is a false prophet. I hope that every single one of them rots in Hell for an eternity for using religion to lie to and steal from unsophisticated, trusting people.

8. The fact that Benny "I-can-heal-you-by-whacking-you-with-my-suit-jacket" Hinn and the like have millions of followers should literally frighten you.

This is where religious faith is dangerous. People that want something bad enough, and lack critical thinking skills, and require no evidence in support of their core beliefs can be convinced of anything. In the the case of Benny Hinn followers it only has people reaching for their check books, but in other cases they are reaching for the cyanide-laced Flavor Aid, or reaching for explosives to strap on.

9. FifthFreedom

FifthFreedom

Jul 6, 2005
    Pa
    Just remember AG,
    "A corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit, a good tree cannot produce corrupt fruit.,."

Word to the wise is sufficient. ;)

10. And sometimes a tree can bear no fruit because it has been cursed by Jesus.

11. FifthFreedom

FifthFreedom

Jul 6, 2005
    Pa
    Yeah which is also a Torah transgression. One is forbidden to destroy a fruit bearing tree. Another sin he seems to get a pass on :upeyes:

12. Jesus said to beware of false prophets. Jesus did not say to beware of all prophets. True prophets have always been condemned as false prophets.

John 7:45 Then came the officers to the chief priests and Pharisees; and they said unto them, Why have ye not brought him?
    7:46 The officers answered, Never man spake like this man.
    7:47 Then answered them the Pharisees, Are ye also deceived?
    7:48 Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed on him?
    7:49 But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed.

13. Noles26

Noles26 Made in Texas

Jul 21, 2010
    Central Texas
    Is Chris Angel considered a false prophet? His magic is crap IMO.

14. achysklic

achysklic

Jan 26, 2009
    No offence Vic but are trying to say any of those I mentioned were true prophets. If so how do you fiqure?

All I mentioned failed almost all of the 7 tests I posted and the bible states if they fail one they are a false prophet.

15. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Mar 24, 1999
    What is a false prophet?

ALL OF THEM.

Each and every one. :steamed:

All through the past, and present.

Organized Religion, each and every one, past and present, is the worlds oldest self-perpetuating con game, and each new generation's "faithful", are the latest "marks". The beneficiaries of the "con" are the clergy within each religion.

The deception will continue to the end of mankind until such time as "God", if he/she/it actually does exist and cares whether we believe he/she/it exists, makes it unmistakably clear that he/she/it actually does exist.

Or, until such time as mankind GROWS UP and admits that NO human, past or present, actually DOES know what happens to the human soul after we each, individually, die and find out individually.

In the meantime, we will continue to hear the claims of new Shamans, each cutting themselves a piece of the pie in the sky (by and by) and conning the marks out of their wealth and support in order to avoid actually having to work for a living. And the gullible "faithful" will continue to provide that support in exchange for a promised "better deal" after death.

:steamed:

16. Norske,
    What happened in your life to make you so angry and bitter?

Do you hate God because of something you think He's done to you "unjustly?"

17. According to ff Jesus was a false prophet, the tests and reasons he used were very skewed and prejudiced. Why did your list include Ellen White? Have you actually tested her yourself or are you just looking at some hate site? I have found that the accusations against her are baseless. Sometimes it takes some time and thinking to figure out what is going on, but they are baseless just the same.

Were you trolling to see if you could get me involved?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  18. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

Mar 21, 2006
    USA
    You and some of the others sure have a good time bashing my Lord Jesus.

1 Corinthians 1:17-19 (NIV)​

For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.
    Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

Written by Abba Father through one of the first Jewish Christians.