close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What is a Certified Glock Armorer do?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by Retired Squid, Apr 30, 2010.

1. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    If you are a GSSF member it is one of the perks.

and If the class is not LE only you can attend for the fee.

2. DVLDGS

DVLDGS

Apr 30, 2013
    So if I become a GSSF Member for a year I can go to the class for free?

3. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Feb 8, 2009
    JAX, FL
  4. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    The SEASONED Glock armorer will be able to routinely diagnose when things go WRONG in a particular pistol. This is a big cut above disassembly, assembly, and knowing which part to order when something OBVIOUS breaks or is installed incorrectly.

5. AZson

AZson

Oct 5, 2005
    Tucson
    The only bad thing I can think about becoming a Glock armorer, is you have to be re-certified every year. But parts are cheap. A buddy of mine became one, talked his way into a LE class. We sat down a ordered just about every part we thought would ware out in our guns such as springs, mag springs, safety plungers and firing pin cups and I think it cost us about $25 each.

6. DVLDGS

DVLDGS

Apr 30, 2013
    I thought it was every 3 years.. I saw some certs online with a start date and end date which was 3 years apart...

7. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's every three years.

8. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    your information is, like many u tube videos, incorrect.

you do not have to recertify each year.

9. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    if you are a GSSF member there is a fee.

it is Not Free.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  10. happie2shoot

happie2shoot

Jan 5, 2008
    I'm a bad speller but that doesen't look right to this old
    ignorant son of a bee hive.

you can't space you sentence's

11. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    No apostrophe needed since "sentences" is a plural rather than a possessive.

12. happie2shoot

happie2shoot

Jan 5, 2008
    you sentences or your sentences

13. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    The majority of Glock owners know how to field strip a Glock; few know how or feel confident in doing a complete disassemble. Those that think they can, usually struggle putting it back together and sometimes loose parts. Are there folks out there that can take apart and put back together any Glock...Yep!

Just like I know several who can tear down an engine and put back together with their eyes closed, including myself....I'm not sure I would use them in analyzing/trouble shooting my engine, I'd probably take it someone who has more knowledge. Although Glocks are simple, many still struggle with the details.

I've see several where they have lost the firing-pin spring/caps and lubricate the firing pin channel too much.

YMMV

:wavey:

red

14. vaquero aleman

vaquero aleman "ah-lay-mahn"

Jan 9, 2009
    The Wild Wild West
    Yes Sir! I still remember the day that my spring loaded bearing went sailing across the horizon, never to be found. I learned to appreciate glockparts.com very quickly.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  15. glock_collector

glock_collector

Dec 23, 2011
    If you are chuck norris and an armorer.....whatever you want.

16. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    Myself included! :thumbsup:

:wavey:

red

17. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Jul 28, 2008
    Up a tree.
    You are already several times more skilled than a Glock certified armorer. An armorer is not - NOT - even close to being comparable to a skilled gunsmith or anyone else with the experience you already have.

That's one of the reasons Glocks are such a reasonably priced gun compared to many. They were specifically designed for slap-together-assembly by monkeys, so that they would not require the skills of a gunsmith during assembly or for most (hardly any actually) repairs. I could teach a bright 12 year old in only about an hour, to completely assemble new Glocks in only a few minutes each. It's that easy.

An armorer gets more training than that of course, because they are expected to understand enough about how the mechanism works so that they can do trouble shooting, but it's still very minimal training & VERY quick to get through it, and does not involve anything you could really call gunsmithing (metal cutting & fitting) at all.

18. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Jul 28, 2008
    Up a tree.
    He's right - it IS so easy a cave man could do it.

Too many people in this world have an inordinate fear of screwing up anything mechanical, so they never try to learn, and never realize how easily they could become an expert in such things if they would only ditch the fear and try.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  19. blastfact

blastfact

Aug 15, 2011
    Oklahoma
    My hats off to a glock cert. person or anybody else that has paid the money and got there certs for a engineering idea based on service. And lived to not kill anybody.

I have enough factory cert's to make me a brain child in the boiler, chiller, control, pump world. You would think I was priceless. If I make a mistake the whole world comes down on me.

A glock fails a few folks may die. I screw up with a boiler, chiller or one of it's controls. I can level a city block!

And I will teach anybody at the drop of a hat. Ask and I will teach!

A Glock? Yesterdays new's. All they take is a 3rd grade education too understand.