close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What If 20% of Adults in That Theater Had Been Packing Iron?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ruble Noon, Jul 24, 2012.

1. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
    what if....one or more homeboys were packing heat? could it be why the shooter gave up?

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Forget "20%". All it would maybe have taken was ONE. But the law abiding honor "gun free zones". And get slaughtered.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  3. Vic777

Vic777

Jan 23, 2006
    He would have gone to a "gun free zone". A Church or a School, perhaps.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  4. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

5. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    The only issue I see is the less accurate and cross fire. Though, I think it would have been an amusing outcome if the guy dramatically popped out to commit this act and the majority of the theater opened up on him instead before he got a shot off.

Kind of like trying to rob a cop bar.:supergrin:

6. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    This little s**t would have soiled his groin protection if he suddenly found himself on a two way gun range.

Doc44

7. chickenwing

chickenwing

Sep 24, 2010
    Not sure it would of made much of a difference. This D bag had a rifle, body armor, and surprise on his side. Sure I would like to think at least one or more armed person(s) could have made a impact, but doubtful given the circumstances, don't think the outcome would of been better or worse.

This asshat is not a crazy person IMO, he planned this and was prepared, hard to stop a lone gunmen like this.

8. coastal4974

coastal4974

Nov 2, 2009
    If the killer would have been stopped by an armed citizen, the media would have dropped the entire story within hours.

9. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    i believe someone would have taken him out, body armor or not you still feel the impact plus the sound and sight of returning fire may have disrupted him

10. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

There is no way crossfire, or poorly aimed fire, from armed citizens, or police, or even gangbangers, could have caused anywhere near the death and trauma, caused by letting one shooter shoot anyone he wanted to, for as long as he wanted to.

11. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Even with body armor, getting shot hurts. It would have probably led to a distraction that may have had him miss some opportunities to shoot unarmed people fleeing, and maybe encouraged him to flee.

We'll never know for sure.

I think I'll keep going armed to movies, like I have for many years.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  12. In this era of Travon vs Zimmerman, that one guy illegally carrying a gun would have a serious decision to make regarding his own personal survival and freedom.

It probably took too many seconds to realize that it was not a SWAT cop, not a Batman promotion, not a joke, and a real threat.

Not everyone is willing to sacrifice everything for a room full of probable liberal sheeple. I hate to admit this, but I hope I'm never asked to be a hero for a bunch of random strangers.

13. We can speculate till were blue in the face But fimly beleive that causaultys would have been less ! Out of respect for the familys that lost loved ones,I WILL NOT repeat this persons name !

14. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Looks like the best bet is to not patronize businesses that declare themselves as gun free zones. Pretty sure even here where guns are allowed in theaters, most won't be carrying. I don't go to movies alone, so my default position is to always shoot back, but that could change depending on the circumstances at the time.

[​IMG]

If the only theater in your community has a no guns policy, consider waiting until movies come out on blue ray, and watch them at home. Inform the theater about why you will not spend money there.

15. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    Nailed it.

Remember, the crime came off *his* initiative, and his planning was pretty careful, no matter how crazy. The guy who surrendered like a ***** wasn't going to pick a hard target.

16. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    [​IMG]

I have given this card out along with an informative conversation, with some success.

Doc44

17. blkpag1

blkpag1

Feb 1, 2008
    Exactly! This is why just the possibility that someone might fight back would have quite possibly made him (and other cowards that commit these types of crimes) re-think his actions. Of course he might have just chosen another gun free zone as the target.

18. chickenwing

chickenwing

Sep 24, 2010

Just a bunch of maybes. I wish the mover goers were armed. But they weren't, and even if some of them were armed, it's still a big maybe on whether it would of made a difference.

I'm just taking a wild guess here, not to many people(myself included) are prepared to react or even know how to act in that type of situation. Smoke/tear gas bombs, full body armor, rifle, surprise on the shooters side in a crowded, loud, and dark movie theater, hard nut to crack.

Seeking cover and protecting your own would be the best option IMO. If you are armed and had a chance at a shot, by all means. Considering the circumstances though, luck would have to be on your side.

Regards to the bold, amen.

I don't feel right without my g31, and only go to a few places where carrying is prohibited.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  19. R4lf

R4lf

Sep 25, 2011
    Norman, OK
    I want one of those, pass it around the places I would like to visit and carry at the same time.