close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What I think Civil War Would Bring

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by el_jewapo, Oct 17, 2012.

1. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

There's a lot of talk about civil war these days, race and class division seems pretty volatile right now. The government is so screwed up, I think it would take something that drastic to bring about any real change. But instead of a reboot of our beloved country, I think it would certainly be the end.

Assuming it gets off the ground. Let's say we have two warring factions and the military splits up with some on each side. I think we're dead. I've never heard much mention of this aspect of civil war, if any. What are Russia, China, North Korea, etc.. doing while we're killing each other off? Probably nothing for the first couple years. Then when we're good and weak from that, I think they will swoop in like vultures and take America. We would probably go in chunks, Mexico would probably take some of the southwestern states with Russia and China diving up the rest. I think civil war brings the end, maybe World War 3, but certainly the end for America. What do you think?

I don't intend this as a speculative thread on whether or not civil war is coming, click pretty much any of the other threads on the first page to join in on that debate, already in progress. This is intended to be a thread about what a civil war would bring.

2. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

All things come to an end. At some point, that means war.

We are a long ways from that. We have a lot of steps between where we are now and war. It could take a while. It could happen faster than anyone could imagine but again...not now. Not yet. Not even close.

3. TK-421

TK-421

China can't afford to let us go or let us break up, and they certainly can't afford to conquer us. The main reason they have money, and an economy, and decent living conditions, is because of how much stuff we buy from them. If we suddenly stopped buying things from them, their economy would go down the tubes.

4. 427

If there's going to be any unrest in the country, it's going to be the .gov/le against civilians

5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Really? There seems to be a lot less of it that there was in the mid-90's. I've actually been surprised by how little right wing unrest there is, compared to the Clinton era. I'd guess the assault weapon ban is the major difference.

What would a civil war bring? Happiness.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  6. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

As it is now, you're right. After a couple years of us killing each other off? I don't know. We certainly won't be buying so much crap, just bare necessities.

7. raven11

raven11

While its true China owns our debt and between the trade deficit and the interest from our loans makes money hand over fist. The notion that the Chinese need us to keep their economy going is laughable. Japan is one of China's biggest trading partner more so than the US. Britain is already receiving Chinese made cars , not to mention the investment in Africa and South America is giving China almost a monopoly in trade in those parts of the world

8. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

The collapse and division of the United States isn't a new concept. Professor Igor Panarin said something like that, and even worked out how the country would be divided.

But that was a prediction based around the collapse of the US dollar, and was said to happen by the end of 2010.

http://www.infowars.com/russian-professor-collapse-of-america-could-begin-in-two-months/

I think Igor really likes his vodka. :whistling:

As for a civil war, it's going to take something drastic to kick that into action. And IF it ever did happen, I suspect everyone in this country would be out for themselves before there were any unified "sides." But the .gov would call in the UN as a policing force before any power like China or Russia would come here.

9. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

I think we are closer than people want to admit or realize. But hey that's what I think. I also think that if we do descend into an all out, even a partial internal armed conflict, it would destroy economies around the world. The Russians or Chinese would then be in a position to assume the status of global currency thereby becoming the defacto superpower.

The rest of your premise sounds plausible, but if we start to go down we will end up taking a good chunk of the world with us. An internal conflict would have serious impacts on global markets as well as disrupt the supply chain to and from the United States. That alone, that economic threat would be enough to catalyze nations powerful enough into attempting their own armed invasion. The only thing that would slow them down, and that's if it didn't disband or disintegrate, would be our navy.

There are many plausible scenarios, and the majority of them end very badly for ALL of us. But continuing on the path we are on (and we most certainly will under either of the two clowns up for election) we will end the same... just at a slower rate.

PS: That means Canada would be able to walk in and take over... Molson's anyone?

10. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Whatever happens will not be logical or predictable. If you read history it is always simplified and condensed. The people who lived it didn't experience it like that. I hope the wheels stay on but I would not be shocked to wake up tomorrow and read about federal troops in some city trying to stop a race war. If it happens I expect that the driving forces will be class hatred but it will manifest itself as race war because people will just lash out at obvious targets.

11. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

I think we're most of the UN policing power.

12. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

We are no where near that point. The bulk of Americans seem to be fat, cheeseburger eating, Honey Boo Boo watching waists of space.

However if it did happen, the military/LEO's would shut it down faster than it started. We are not our founding fathers because this is not a raw society, with vast and unclaimed land and resources. We are a country run by statists and we are far from the constitution as it was intended.

13. MrKandiyohi

MrKandiyohi Millennium Member

I really don't know if the Chinese have any desire to conquer us.

China has been around for thousands of years. I'm guessing their long term plan is to be around, simply as China, for many thousands of years.

They could try to control "the World" or they could be content with controlling "their World". Controlling one of the largest countries and most populous country in the world might be all they ever strive to achieve.

14. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Don't look now, buddy, but there's a squirrel doing ...um...intimate things with your ears.

I still love that avatar!

:wavey:

15. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Again, the point of this thread isn't about what will bring civil war or how it would go down. It's purely a "what if" thread for after the fact. There are thousands of scenarios and thousands of ways for it to play out. I don't really want to get into all that. I'm talking pure end game here.

Do we come out of it a better country? Do we get taken over? Do we squabble a little while and keep things pretty much the same? That's what I'm interested in conversing about at the moment.

16. ray9898

ray9898

There is always a percentage of people drawn to sites like this who love to spread their belief that civil war is 'just around the corner'. They basically sit around salivating over the thought of fighting the government or some other group of citizens because it is some dream of theirs.

We are no where near any huge unrest, this is the greatest place on Earth to live.

17. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

We would become a divided country. Not a two part, North/South, but many hundreds of territories and people looking out for themselves and like minded people within the local boundaries established by groups of similar thought.

Is that more like you are looking for? We have become a selfish society bound to those of likemindedness.

18. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

The global economy relies too heavily upon the U.S. economy to for the rest of the world sit by idly while we collapse into chaos. A civil war here would have a major negative global impact. I believe the UN would step in to try to head off a civil war before we started engaging in large scale fighting.

19. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

What the hell would the UN do....shout?

20. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

Then I'm setting up my territory at the closest brewery. :beer: