close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What holster n why?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by kurt5153, Dec 5, 2011.

1. kurt5153

kurt5153

Nov 19, 2011
    Hey guys I was just woundering what holster you have n why. Please list:
    Make
    Model
    Why
    Thxs guys

~{(-_-)}~

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. For my G19s, I have the following:

Tauris pancake OWB. Used 24/7 except summer months.

Tauris IWB. Uesd 24/7 during the summer months.

Sidearmor Kydex. Used when taking classes.

Glock sports holster. Backup holster.

For my G26, which I no longer CCW, I have a Tauris IWB.

3. I have just started using a Safariland ALS retention holster for work and I am never going back. I love this thing. It draws like "butter" and I am hard pressed to be able to tell a diference in speed from drawing from a non retention kydex as opposed to it. I never believed it until I tried it about a month ago. I use it for my G17.

4. sig357fan

sig357fan

Apr 8, 2008
    SW OH
    for ccw of my chopped G31 I use a Comp-Tac Infide, very comfy and secure yet its easy to get on and off.

for open carry in the woods when cutting wood or scouting for a hunt, Blackhawk Serpa, it has a "lock" that must be pressed with the trigger finger to draw the weapon, very, very secure when doing vigorous activities like cutting wood.

sig357fan

5. Wawrz

Wawrz

Sep 16, 2011
    Connecticut
    DeSantis Insider for cc only 20$, good quality, and it works very well

6. t4terrific

t4terrific

Sep 8, 2011
    Do the "plastic" holsters wear the finish off the slides worse than leather of nylon?

7. jmcbride

jmcbride

Nov 11, 2011
  8. kurt5153

kurt5153

Nov 19, 2011
    I wanna know the same thing!

Nice going guys, thxs for the info!

~{(-_-)}~

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  9. eclark53520

eclark53520

Feb 12, 2007
    WI
    Theis IWB.

$55. Hand made in America. I conceal a G21 all day long in it. Very comfortable.

Nuff said.

10. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Glock 22:
    Blackhawk Serpa CQC- because it works great for me
    Galco Miami Classic (shoulder holster)- because it's arguably the best

Springfield XDm 3.8 compact 40:
    Blackhawk Serpa CQC- because it works great for me
    Galco Miami Classic (shoulder holster)- because it's arguably the best

11. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I have a Don Hume leather thumbsnap H721 for every handgun I own. It is my go to holster for OWB carry. It is a good holster, and relatively cheap ($40-50).

12. AA#5

AA#5

Nov 26, 2008
    The kydex holsters that have pinch-type retention around the trigger guard do cause a smoothed area to develop on the trigger guard of my Glock.

13. Seraph1926

Seraph1926

Sep 14, 2011
    My old daily CC was a G35 in a Comp-Tac C-Tac. Now it's going to be a G20 long slide in a C-Tac.

14. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    Kytac
    Braveheart
    Because it is the very best IWB holster I have ever found period (leather, kydex, or hybrid). Comfort, concealment, retension, presetation, reholstering...it gets top marks across the board.

15. I get no wear on the finish with my Safariland holsters. They are lined with felt. My kydex adds some wear but it is not enough to worry about.

16. Orive 8

Orive 8

Jun 8, 2004
    Mt. Lebanon, PA
    EDC gun is a Glock 19 in a Kramer OWB horsehide belt scabbard, when I want/need a little more concealment I go with a Comp Tac CTAC IWB holster.

My wife's EDC gun is a Glock 26, she carries it in a FIST ultra-thin kydex IWB holster with split-leather belt loops (K6-G option).

Been using Kramer holsters since the early 90s, first holster that I buy for any gun that I buy - have even bought some for guns that I was going to buy in the future :supergrin:.

Used several different IWB holsters (Kramer, Sparks, FIST, Blade-Tech, Galco) but I really like the CTAC.

My wife loves the ultra-thin kydex FIST option.

17. 11A

11A

Nov 28, 2011
    For IWB, I use the Comp-tac Minotaur holster. It allows to to tuck in a shirt, and only the two clips are exposed. You can get clips to match your belt color as well, so most people won't even notice, let alone question.

For OWB, I use the Comp-tac paddle holster. I wear a lot of button down shirts unbuttoned, and have no issues with concealment. If I needed a retention system for my concealment holster I would opt for the Safariland 6378.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

18. SuperSleuth

SuperSleuth

Feb 27, 2010
    Seth's Gun Leather
    Wraith IWB
    Comfortable, secure, fast, conceals well, excellent construction and design.

19. bruzer

bruzer

Apr 18, 2011
    Grants Pass, Oregon