close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What holster for my P229?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by cam6702, Oct 26, 2011.

1. cam6702

cam6702 Safety's Off

Jun 26, 2008
    Rock Hill, SC
    Just got a great deal from a fellow member on a NIB P229. I do not have my carry permit but am signed up for the class. I was going to carry my G21 but its just too big for it to be comfortable. The Sig will probably my primary carry weapon so I need a very comfortable holster. Out of your experiences what holsters feel best for you guys? Ive been looking and there are a ton out there I want peoples opinions on what works best.

Thanks

2. up1911fan

up1911fan

Mar 12, 2009
    Upper Michigan
    When the P229 was my EDC, I used a Kramer #3, Kramer Belt Scabbard, Blade Tech IWB and a Comp Tac paddle holster. I use those holsters with other guns as well.

3. Toorop

Toorop

Apr 28, 2010
    The Midwest.
    I carried a 228 for a while with an Alessi OWB holster. It was a clip or button on holster.

4. harrygunner

harrygunner

Sep 4, 2010
    Very nice carry gun. High quality, reliable and accurate. Congrats.

Since the P229 is a thick gun, I went with a thin holster, a CompTAC CTAC IWB on a "The Beltman" belt. With that setup, it conceals as well as any other handgun.

5. LEAD

LEAD

Jan 9, 2009
    VT
    I use a Comp-tac m-tac and would use that, the crossbreed super tuck or my R-grizzle leather country boy holster with confidence. I've recently started preferring the M-tac over the crossbreed because of retention and modularity, the Rgrizzle is the nicest looking but hold the gun a bit high for my taste, great draw though

6. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge "The Sarge"

Feb 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    www.rgrizzleleather.com

Superb design, craftsmanship, leather, and customer service. My holster maker of choice. Bill

7. cam6702

cam6702 Safety's Off

Jun 26, 2008
    Rock Hill, SC
    Im leaning toward the Cross Breed Super Tuck Deluxe or the Comp Tac Minotaur MTAC

8. maddy345

maddy345 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dec 18, 2009
    For a hybrid check out the Crossbreed Supertuck. For leather you can't do any better than a Milt Sparks VMII

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]