Glock Talk banner

What happens when the hand-outs stop?

273K views 2K replies 156 participants last post by  PaulMason 
#1 ·
Obama has been doing a cracker-jack job of giving out at much money to the lower socio-economic classes as possible. This is most likely to secure his re-election. I'm curious what happens when it's no longer possible to give those people as much or any "free" money? They don't seem to do so well once you take away their gubmint cheese.

I'm thinking something has to be done whether for the better or worse of those people but what's the next logical (I really hesitate to use that word with this administration!) step after the middle class is eliminated or severely downsized?

Did anyone else hear the clip played on one of the news shows about "Obama money"? This woman, of a certain lower socio-economic standpoint, is talking to a reporter about the "Obama money" she's getting. She's hootin and hollarin and celebrating about the free money. When asked where that money comes from she says "Obama...it's Obama money". When asked we Obama got the money from the woman goes "pshhh...his stash!". :steamed:

So we go deeper into debt as if the national debt doesn't really exist? Do we just tell the bottom-feeders to go pound sand and get a job? Is there some other option I'm not thinking of?

Why is this in the survival forum? Well I'm going to throw a shot in the dark here and say that once anything extreme happens that has the potential to piss off a few million ghetto dwellers, things might get less than civil for the rest of society in an effort to exact some measure of revenge or equalize themselves with those more fortunate/hard working.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

See less See more
#1,900 ·
the financial consequences of shutting down the country I fear will be like a tidal wave over the country, just heard a report 40% of NY renters will not be able to make the rent payment.... that will affect a lot of people down the line, landlords who cover water-trash-and other utilities will probably get stuck with the bill

#1,902 ·
I address to what Callihan_44 alluded:

There will be economic problems. A fair description is like there has been a heavy rainfall and the water is piling up behind a dam. Will a deluge cause the dam to fail and the economy to collapse into a serious depression? Or will the financial and regulatory actions by the different governmental bodies act as a spillway to avoid the dam failing, but will cause problems down stream?

Many people will be hurt, financially. Many businesses will fail or come close to failing. The important thing is to understand that there will be better times ahead for some people and all the complaining in the world will not change the reality for those who fail because of the epidemic.

#1,903 · (Edited)
OK - here is the UGLY truth. If you don't want to know it - LOOK AWAY NOW!!!!!

The handouts don't ever stop. What!?!?!? You say that can't be true! Well, get your right wing prepper head out of your doomsday bunker hole. Here is the ugly ugly reality. .Gov exists to grow and feed itself. The only way that happens is if they control more and more of your existence. Government took over your Military. It is now the largest part of the entire budget. Remember when States had National Guards under their control? Now a myth. They have ALL been Federalized. Then, .Gov took over education. Remember when teachers had to develop a "curriculum" for their class? All gone. Guess what is next?

It doesn't matter how you vote. Democrats want government controlled healthcare. Republicans want government controlled healthcare. Trump wants it. That's right - I said that. If you think he doesn't your MAGA hat is too tight. They WILL be getting control of that next.

That means they hand out your defense, they hand out your education and will be handing out your healthcare. What's next? Doesn't matter. The point is they want YOU to be dependent on THEM. So the handouts never stop. They get more and more deeper into your life than they are already. If you make a $150k and think you don't get handouts....you'd be surprised. You have no idea how many handouts you really get. And you will vote for either the pilot or the copilot of the plane - it doesn't matter - they are both flying to Handout International Airport. One of them just has a heavier hand on on the throttle. Oh - by the way - That airport is in Totalitarian City!

Eventually they will be handing out everything. And you'll like it because they add little handouts to more people, at higher levels all the time. Because you won't vote for anyone who cuts YOUR handout. See how that works?

So - now what'cha got to say? [waits for denial to set in...]

#1,904 ·
Well said, couldn't agree with you more. I looked back over the last few years that these posts occurred and its amazing how far down the "Road" we have traveled as a nation. Sad part is, we are still traveling down that same road...truly sad but its almost inevitable. Freedom is something that has long since been forgotten about and relegated to the pages of some old, dusty history book sitting on a shelf somewhere. I guess we truly have abandoned the thoughts of our forefathers and have allowed ourselves and our posterity to be enslaved by the powers that be.

#1,906 ·
We got our $2400 this week. Going straight into the bank.

Pretty sure they will want it back some way....

#1,908 ·
I just closed on a mortgage. The lady that closed it said that some people took a three month amnesty on rent and that amnesty is going to end next month. Some of the land lords want it all the back rent at once?

Lot's of folks will not be able to swing that.

#1,909 ·
I just closed on a mortgage. The lady that closed it said that some people took a three month amnesty on rent and that amnesty is going to end next month. Some of the land lords want it all the back rent at once?

Lot's of folks will not be able to swing that.
The local electric utility has not collected payment from 'economically disadvantaged' residents for months. The customers have just received a notice with their latest bill to pay up or their electric service will be shut off. I can already see how the entitled ones are going to react to that. But then again, this utility is municipally owned...meaning that it is overseen by politicians...meaning that the 'economically disadvantaged' customers will NOT have to pay their bill...for now. The cycle will continue, and the odds that it will end on a positive note will worsen.

#1,910 ·
The handouts never stop.

We thought they could.
The pandemic has proven us all wrong.

Reactions: wiskeyVI
#1,912 ·
The gubmint is going to do what it's going to do, and people are going to do what they're going to do, and it doesn't matter what I have to say about it. The imaginary money machine will keep pumping out imaginary money, the economically ignorant dolts will keep begging for more, and the ship will keep taking on water. I'm not going to argue with any of them because it won't do any good. I'm going to continue to stay home as much as possible, avoiding conflict and infection, loading magazines and waiting for the stern to lift up out of the water.

#1,915 ·
Migrants get better handouts then citizens. Here is what I'd suggest.
Learn Spanish or any other foreign language e.g. Canadian.

Go on vacation to Mexico and have fun.
Walk across the border and ask for acylium.
Get and enjoy the benefits like a medical exam, free transportation, food, clothing, shelter, legal advise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.