close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What happens when the hand-outs stop?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by emt1581, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Not really.

World Death Rate Holding Steady At 100 Percent

While meant to be a joke, there are a lot of uncomfortable truths in that article.

I remember seeing estimates that if global transportation of food were interrupted for 1 year, 1/3 of the population of the planet would starve in a year. That included local attempts to feed others, and those resorting to "drastic" measures to live.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Oh no?!?!? That is the road to ruin. Decrease public assistance to a bare subsistence level. You don't starve, you have shelter, but no phone, no tv, no game consoles, no high dollar SUV's with after market rims and a cool sound system, you get to live, that's it. A man working 20 hours a week at a part time job at minimum wage should have a better life than a welfare leach that is able to work.

If you give people the proper motivation to work they will work. That includes being very harsh to thieves.

#1482 Cavalry Doc, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  3. kirgi08

kirgi08
    Expand Collapse
    Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

Doc,quit hedging my bets.'08. :rant:

:tongueout:

#1483 kirgi08, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  4. jdavionic

jdavionic
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

You're assuming the mindset of these parasites is such that they will opt for work versus civil disobedience and theft. You have a much higher opinion of them than I do.

5. emt1581

emt1581
    Expand Collapse
    Curious Member

Oh I can't stand that crap!! Living off the system even though they are able to work. "Well, I have a chronic hangnail! I can't work!" I see it all the time at work. People who have a circulation problem or get headaches on permanent disability! The encouragement of these people needs to stop! That mentality needs to be exterminated.

-Emt1581

6. kirgi08

kirgi08
    Expand Collapse
    Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

Folks,I bumped this fer a reason.The topic does resonate and the .gov is articulating.They demand servitude,I have a problem with the premise.'08.

7. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

I think you missed the part about being very harsh on thieves. Maybe we have a different idea about what is "harsh" is.

8. jdavionic

jdavionic
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

You're right...I missed. And we may have a different idea about "harsh", but IF so, I doubt mine is less severe.

9. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Maybe. I've always wondered why the LAPD doesn't have a couple of Apache helicopters. A pop or two from the chain gun through the engine compartment stops most vehicles pretty quick. If they get out armed, it works even better.

[​IMG]

10. Dogbite

Dogbite
    Expand Collapse
    DNT TREAD ON ME

As a customer told me the other day, well you know if they stopped my check, people gonna riot!!!! Directly from one of the welfare babies mouth!!! Not kidding.

11. emt1581

emt1581
    Expand Collapse
    Curious Member

They typically only riot in their own areas though.

Again, the entitlement mentality needs to be systematically exterminated.

-Emt1581

12. janice6

janice6
    Expand Collapse
    Platinum Member

Yep.

When the handouts stop, the shootouts start.

13. inzone

inzone
    Expand Collapse

just this month I swear i have seen about a DOZEN or two dozen people using ebt cards in convenience stores to buy cokes and drinks and junk food, etc...I had NO IDEA they were even allowed to do this!!! I come from a dirt poor family where we ate beans and cornbread and were glad to get it.... sheesh, if the govt cant put "minutes" on thos ebt crads, we are gonna see riots all over the place..... buy ammo!!!!!!!

14. emt1581

emt1581
    Expand Collapse
    Curious Member

Anyone who doesn't have ammo...at least a few thousand rounds of .22lr and a good reliable gun to shoot it out of...is seriously screwed!

But as I've mentioned many times... until the entire system collapses, it doesn't seem like the gov. will do anything to decrease "entitlements".

-Emt1581

15. volsbear

volsbear
    Expand Collapse
    IWannaBeSedated
    Lifetime Member

16. kirgi08

kirgi08
    Expand Collapse
    Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

17. pugman

pugman
    Expand Collapse

Long story short my MIL received a full food stamp allotment for about 6 months; once SSDI kicked in it was cut by roughly 75%. I think she still gets about $56/month

She lived with me for about 6-7 months and we ate like kings. Truth be told the only things the cards wouldn't buy were hot deli items, liquor and smokes. We could buy cold deli ham but a roaster chicken...nope. Chips, candy (she has a thing for gummy bears) all good. Combined with our household food budget we ate extremely well.

I will say this. Between SSDI, food stamps, utility assistance, low income housing ($256/month for a very small 300 sf place - although its warm, safe, clean and in a nice middle class neighborhood), discounted transportation services, Medicaid etc she lives a pretty nice care free life.

She isn't flying to Vegas on weekends and has no car. She is retired without having retired. However, between discounted cable the local company provides, our public library's selection of DVDs, TV series, books, music, etc. her time is her own.

However, the other side of the transaction was this. She was declared disabled because of the self induced effects of smoking. If she had stayed at her job which still included a traditional pension, and wouldn't have had to give up $200,000 from her 401K to be declared destitute to qualify for Medicaid her income today would be nearly triple.

Working has its advantages.

#1497 pugman, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  18. TACLOAD

TACLOAD
    Expand Collapse

Been out the country for almost a year. Just came back for a visit. I see why I left. '00

19. emt1581

emt1581
    Expand Collapse
    Curious Member

Well I've learned something from watching Obama's recent statements...

When he (or any progressive liberal) is in the white house, the handouts will NEVER stop. If anything, the rich will be tapped just to give the FSA (free $*H*!*T army) more. They are voters, they are ignorant, and they are lazy...so more FS = re-election.

I am also convinced the tab will never be called by China, Japan, etc...and the US will be given a bottomless pit of credit to borrow on.

No one has been able to say at what point the SHTF in such a scenerio. All I know is, I'm glad I bought it cheap and stacked it deep because when the SHTF, there are a LOT of have nots that will need swift dispatching when they go after the haves.

Main problem I'm having now is that my paycheck just shrunk and I'm not sure what I can do to resist the higher taxes?.... writing reps/senators seems to have the same effect as pissing in the wind. Any other ideas?

Thanks

-Emt1581

#1499 emt1581, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

Paycheck shrinks but taxes increase?