close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What expenses can I expect for a suppressor?

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by MikeRowland, Feb 26, 2012.

1. MikeRowland

MikeRowland
    Expand Collapse

Assuming that I buy a suppressor online, what are all the other expenses for Florida residents?

I know about so called stamp, is it $200?, then what are the transfer fees charged by a local dealer, etc

does it make any difference if this is a screw-on suppressor vs integrated (like AWC Amphibian on Ruger MKII 22lr), or the caliber like 22lr vs. 9mm, etc

how long does it take to process all the paperwork?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith
    Expand Collapse
    3Gunner
    Millennium Member

Cost of suppressor: ???
    Form 4: $200.
    Sales tax and NFA transfer fee. $50 is a reasonable NFA item transfer fee. This ought not be charged if you buy it from the dealer directly vs. doing a transfer.

Form 3's are taking 40-55 days. Form 4's are taking 4-7 months.

#2 Zak Smith, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
    jvelie likes this.
  3. My2Dogs

My2Dogs
    Expand Collapse

There are dealers on line that will handle everything for the cost of the suppressor, I just purchased one last night and they are taking care of all the paperwork, I just emailed them my trust and gave them my CC number. now I just wait.........

if you search you can find them, I live in SC and the dealer I used is in TX, they will do all the ppwk and transfer the can to a dealer I chose, when it comes in they call and I go down fill out the ppwk and then go shooting

4. DustyJacket

DustyJacket
    Expand Collapse
    Directiv 10-289

A lot of your questions can be answered at silencertalk forums

5. Triathloncoach

Triathloncoach
    Expand Collapse

First create a Trust. Soon. There are very good online templates for free and there are online lawyers who will write it up for $99. I paid for a lawyer, having bought several NFA items, an extra $100 knowing my Trust is correct was well spent $. This is my Gen 4 19 with a storm lake barrel and an Octane 9 can. You will also need suppressor raised sights. Unless you buy an Osprey Can.

Then see above posts. g19 - Copy.jpg

scout1 likes this.
  6. jim c

jim c
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

If one chooses suppressor sights, great.. Myself, they lasted 1 day before i pulled them, going back to stock height .
    I run cans on 5 different hand and 2 lever guns,without suppressor sights.