Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

What Everyone Should KNOW about DryFiring Their Pistol >>

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by TheLastDaze, Nov 14, 2009.

1. JBaird22

Nov 18, 2005
    Drew, as this being the internet, people say all sorts of things. Whether they are correct or not remains to be seen. I just know what the master armorer told me when I was certified. Dry firing should not damage a Glock. That being said, every gun that leaves the factory is now in a different state of repair and maintenance so someone that uses aftermarket parts, does a .25 cent trigger job or whatever might experience damage when dry firing. Doesn't make it dry firing's fault.
  2. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Jun 25, 2002
    Anniston, Alabama
    If you dry fire for "just the trigger pull", you are not properly dry firing. Dry firing is the very best way to improve your accuracy and proficiency with a weapon. The benefits exceed live fire by a long shot.

3. Foxfire5

Sep 2, 2009
    No offence but that is funny. :rofl::rofl:
  4. Exactly when you are dry firing, use that time also for properly manipulating the slide. You want it to become second nature. If you are going to do it, do it right.

Also practice reloading and getting the pistol ready from different conditions.
  5. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

Understood. In this instance, I know of Jamrock, who he is, and what he does. I don't have the search-fu to find his thread.

OK. Maybe I WILL go search for it... :cool:
  6. Did ya find it?
  7. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    Here is where he 1st speaks of it (last year)

and here is where he created his own thread on his experience.... (this year).

8. dugo

Jul 29, 2008
    (Thanks for all this, Drew. Educational for me.)
  9. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

Remember, I know of Jamrock - we are both from Jamaica, but I am not attesting as fact that his pistol did indeed break from dry-firing. I have only reposted what he did.

I am inclined to believe something happened...if the frigging space shuttle :wow::wow:can blow up, any other man made mechanical device can!
  10. teweekley

Nov 20, 2009
    I recently placed a call to Glock Customer Support to ask a few questions. One of them was about using snap caps for dry firing. The technician said occasional dry firing to take the tension off the firing pin or to perform a field strip is okay, but recommended the use of snap caps if I was going to do dry fire sessions for practice. The other information I obtained, although not related to this thread, was they use Break-Free CLP to clean the entire gun. They use GunScrubber for tougher jobs but avoid using ANY ammonia-based cleaners.
  11. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

Feb 3, 2009
    It must be lunch time.

I just read the title as "What everyone should know about deep frying their pistol"...
  12. so did ya get something to eat? preferably 'deep fried'....
  13. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

I am not doubting most of his story, but I do not believe this part at all.

I have never known Glock to replace a slide, frame or barrel with an original SN.

Given the number of spare parts they have, why would they make a brand new part just to stamp an original SN? Just to make it sound good on an Internet forum?

14. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Jun 25, 2002
    Anniston, Alabama
    Could be because he was required to cut the original in half in order to ship the broken part to GLOCK? :dunno: