close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What does the Government do better than the public?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by RC-RAMIE, May 10, 2012.

1. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    [ame]http://youtu.be/C5fua5_IPQM[/ame]

I was watching this video and started to wonder what does the Government do more efficient? I can't think of one.

2. Chronos

Chronos

Nov 26, 2007
    Mass murder, would be one of the few things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democide

3. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
  4. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    They spend your money pretty good, too.

5. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Air traffic control, fight fires, enforce law and order, respond in ambulances, operate national parks, build highways, build dams, annoy people in airports. That's just a small list off the top of my head.

6. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Mar 23, 2010
    Texas
    The government has gotten a few things right, however, that doesn't absolve them from all the wrong thy do.

7. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    It'd be nice if they could do that stuff without study groups, enviromental impact studies, .Gov Job farms, superstar salaries for mucky-mucks, and double dip retirements....but other than that, they're great.:whistling:

8. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Ah, yes, those evil men and women of United States Military and Border Patrol. How do they sleep at night?:whistling:

9. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    Air traffic control, fight fires, enforce law and order, respond in ambulances, operate national parks, build highways, build dams, annoy people in airports. That's just a small list off the top of my head.

Nothing in there at all about military or Border Patrol, so what are you talking about?

10. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    :wavey:

11. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    When I get some free time im gonna do some looking and see how many of those services are done with more efficiency by the public sector vs private.

12. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Probably because they aren't fleecing us on the same level Air traffic control, fight fires, enforce law and order, respond in ambulances, operate national parks, build highways, build dams, annoy people in airports

It's not a Monarchy.

13. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    they waste more money than a welfare hooch on a crack high.

14. Alizard

Alizard

Apr 5, 2012
    Respond to massive state level emergencies like hurricanes, tornadoes and floods......assuming the president at the time is not a complete moron.

15. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    build highways.....yeah they sure do that...though a friend of mine tells me when his company builds a bridge on a state highway they earn almost twice the money vs doing it on a county road.....prevailing wage kicks in....government loves spending the"peoples" money

16. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    Sir,

I respect your opinions but I am puzzled. Some of what you list is questionable and arguably wrong.

For example:

"Fight fires", Many volunteer fire department run much more efficiently than do city or county.

"Respond in ambulances", the same as above. All of these dedicated rescuers perform at peak level. With or without government issue.

"Build highways", this work is usually subcontracted out to private companies.

"Build dams", the Hoover dam, for example was government funded but built by a joint venture for the project with Pacific Bridge Company of Portland, Oregon; Henry J. Kaiser & W. A. Bechtel Company of San Francisco; MacDonald & Kahn Ltd. of Los Angeles; and the J.F. Shea Company of Portland, Oregon. The joint venture was called Six Companies, Inc.

The remaining are questionable in that no private businesses have had the opportunity to run them.

17. concretefuzzynuts

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    Well, here you go again....

18. Canadians have outsourced their air traffic control with great success. It's non profit company.

19. concretefuzzynuts

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    Please, you insult the welfare hooche on a crack high by comparing them to Washington bureaucrats.