close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What does "Imcomplete Raid Set" mean?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Viper_Audio, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Viper_Audio

Viper_Audio

Jun 4, 2002
    Michigan
    I have 2 80 Gig HD's with a RAID setup to mirror each other. My PC has worked well for over a year now like this.

Just this week, I got a warning at start up "Imcomplete Raid Configuration" - "Press F4 to configure"

I pressed F4, and got a different screen showing 2 Physical drives, and options to create, detele, and other things. I was not quite sure what I was looking at, so I cancelled.

If I cancel, it still boots up, but I don't want to damage my PC any further.

2. Halo

Halo Millennium Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Fortunately, a failing drive in your setup (RAID 1) is not catastrophic. You can replace the failed drive and all your data will be intact on the other one. I roll the dice a bit in my striping config. If I lose a drive my whole array is shot. I am slack about backing up too. :cool:

3. Viper_Audio

Viper_Audio

Jun 4, 2002
    Michigan
    I assumed it was a bad drive....

Next questions.

1. How do I know which one failed?
    2. How does one swap the hard drive in RAID 1 setup?
    2a. How does the data "mirror" with an empty drive?

Thanks

4. ronin_asano

ronin_asano

Apr 13, 2004
    it should tell you which one is failed.

yank the failing drive, and replace it with another.

it's a mirror. each write is done twice, once on each drive. when you replace the failed drive, the good drive will copy data to the new one, until the are identical.