close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by achysklic, Sep 11, 2011.

1. achysklic

achysklic

Jan 26, 2009
    Being it is 9-11, I thought I would bring up a couple of points and ask how do you feel about it.

1) The mayor of NY has asked No prayers be given during the memorial today (even though the mayor at the time asked a priest to go into the twin towers and pray and he ended up losing his life)

2) A christian church wants to be constructed within a block of Ground Zero. No support is being given and it will prob. not be built.

3) The muslim mosque will be built and has recieved federal grants to aid in building it.

It's sad that NY has a atheist mayor whom lets this happen!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. Dyerbill

Dyerbill

Apr 15, 2006
    NW In
    What do you think......................................

We live in a counrty thats going to hell in a handbag:crying:Buy yourself a gun and ammo and be ready time is short:upeyes:

3. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

Before the end, believers, even those who don't know they're believers, will be begging to go home.

4. relayman

relayman

Feb 5, 2011
    The deep South
    The Mayor of New York is a ******** in more ways than you listed .

5. Prophecy is going as planned. We are right on schedule.:whistling:

6. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    I'm not watching the ceremony due to Bloomberg's stupidity. I think they should have organized an alternate ceremony that included religion. I guess because he's an atheist everyone else has to be also.

7. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Please elaborate.

8. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

The government should stay out of religion. I doubt if this was the mayor's decision alone, but it is the correct one.

The mayor is still a lying SOB.

9. achysklic

achysklic

Jan 26, 2009
    The government was founded on religion.....Does it bother you even our money supports God?

10. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM

I don't blame 9-11 on the muslim religion.

I blame it on religion. Religious extremists for political gain.

I think it is foolish and naive for the Mosque builders to think that they will not be in for a heap of hate pointed their way. Religious people tend to like be hated, I think. It is a persecution complex. They score points with God if they are hated by the infidels.

11. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    No, it wasn't.
    And that happened in the 1950s

12. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    We played a gig today. Had a moment of silence for 911, played taps. Someone sang the national anthem. Hardly anyone stood up for that.

Kind of sad. You'd think at least on this day...

Randy

13. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

Mar 21, 2006
    USA
    You are wrong.

14. Akil8290

Akil8290 Saracen

Feb 26, 2011
    Denver, CO
    About the same time we added "under God," to the Pledge of Allegiance.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  15. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    Didn't a Major Hurricane hit New York leaving them with out power for almost a week? :dunno:

16. achysklic

achysklic

Jan 26, 2009

Yes it was founded on religion, sorry your atheist beliefs were not honored,

17. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    No, I'm not.

18. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    No, it wasn't. Despite Barton's fantasies and falsehoods to the contrary, the US was founded much more on the ideas of Locke, Rousseau, and de Vattel than religion.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  19. ksg0245

ksg0245

Feb 28, 2008
    California
    Could you please point out where in the founding documents this is clearly stated?

20. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    1) The mayor of NY has asked No prayers be given during the memorial today (even though the mayor at the time asked a priest to go into the twin towers and pray and he ended up losing his life). The mayor is a political animal. In this as in any other matter, he conducts himself as the animal he is. No surprise. That his request led to the death of anyone including the priest is likely to him of no consequence. This observance is no different to people like him than the next shot taken in a golf game. You play the shot for score. He's playing the shot. That is all. To expect anything more of him is irrational.

2) A christian church wants to be constructed within a block of Ground Zero. No support is being given and it will prob. not be built. There was a Christian church (I believe Greek Orthodox) somewhere in the immediate vicinity I believe. It has been a long time since I did any reading about the matter. It does not appear that they will be able to keep their location. IIRC, their property is being used for other purposes. Again, it has been a long time since I did any reading on this matter. This is what I remember. Others so interested are welcomed to do the research. If what I remember is correct, it does raise the question as to why they are not being allow to reconstruct their Church.

3) The muslim mosque will be built and has recieved federal grants to aid in building it. Simply read the response to item 1 above. If the mayor is an atheist, then that is no surprise in a political animal. Such people have no moral center. Their decisions are driven by whatever advances their own interest and agenda. In this case, the votes, etc. that will be gained by those making this decision drives their decision. Nothing else matters. They are one and all... political animals. One should never be surprised by how such animals act. In the zoo, at least there are bars to protect the public.

It's sad that NY has a atheist mayor whom lets this happen![/QUOTE]