What do you think?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by limbkiller, Aug 2, 2011.

1. #1 limbkiller, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. The TRP quality is nice. Well put together and accurate.

As for the rifle, DAMN!!!

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

No experience with the Bushmaster.
    The Nightforce is outstanding! TRP is an outstanding value.

4. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Sweet the TRP is in stock!!! thanks for posting that!!! I have been looking 4 one of those!!

:tongueout::tongueout::rofl: I kid I kid...:supergrin:

5. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Before you spend that kind of money, you better do a LOT of research. Night Force makes nice stuff, but look into USO as well. I have no idea about the Bushmaster, but do some serious research like I said. I've heard of McMillan rifles, and their reputation, but I haven't heard anything about Bushmaster .50cals.

Sure the McMillan Tac-50 is $8,000, but keep in mind it also includes a Night Force 8-32x56mm Mil Dot. It also comes with free training at their facility, which I've heard is nice. So not only do you get a sweet rifle, you get training on how to shoot it too. IMO, if you're going to shoot a .50cal, you need training. I have no idea what your background is, but you can't just pick up a .50cal rifle and hit a target 2,000 yards away. A LOT of work goes into it.

You could go for a Barrett as well, but they are quite a bit more.

#5 polizei1, Aug 2, 2011
  6. I was hoping you would chime in as I see you on the black rifle forum. Thanks. Don't post much over there as most of them are like glock fan boys.

7. My LGS just got in a TRP just like the one in your photo, it looks Awesome.
    I should have waited for a TRP instead of buying the MC Operator. :crying:

8. Thanks for the info. But we can handle the gun. Old groundhog shooters from way back. Been shooting long distance for 32 yrs. Of course 6-700 yd. shots is differant than 2000yds. But we shoot military style weapons a bunch.
    .338 luppua

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#8 limbkiller, Aug 2, 2011
  9. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

I would love to get my hands on one with some training. Last qual I put 10 rounds in the black (torso sized) at 500 yards with an M16. I shot 332/350 points.

Granted that's a LOT different than long range, but I certainly would like to try! Whatever you end up getting, appreciate it!

10. This is probably a dumb question, Limb. What are the golf tees for?

11. :rofl: We set golf balls and paint balls on them to shoot at. You can see some of that in this pic. The only thing in my mind that a golf ball is good for. :tongueout:
    [​IMG]

#11 limbkiller, Aug 2, 2011
  12. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

How did I know that was coming??? :supergrin:

13. Cool stuff for sure :cool:

14. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Limb'

As you know, glass is a VERY inportant part of a precision rifle. NF or USO are outstanding choices!
    Both are a bit out of my price range for my needs. I shot a 1.7" four shot group with my FN SPRa1
    It has measley Leupold Mark IV, 3.5-10 glass. I hope to get it down below .5 moa with a bedding job & working a load for it.

The Mcmillian package is an outstanding value. I would suggest looking into the Armalite AR50.
    Seems to have a much better track record than the Bushmaster.

15. i say go for the trp!

[​IMG]

16. Cool pics my friend.

17. TKR Reptiles

TKR Reptiles Thread Killer

TRP's are sick for sure.

18. I really like my TRP. The only gun I have with FCS that I think is sexy...

19. #20 Fedor, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011