What do you think of XD handguns?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by hambone80, Feb 20, 2013.

1. I figure I might, but any particular reason why?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. InsaneGorilla

Bought my first ever springfield xds and now wondering why I didn't buy one sooner! Traded in my glock 26, 19, and 23 for HKs. I might get an xdm in .45 in a few months.

The xds is more accurate. I just bought a holster from deep concealment. The xds is now my primary conceal pistol. I also carry my hk p2000 under a big jacket.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I like'em a lot better when they were known as the HS2000 and costed half the price.

4. Xd's are not for me...

5. Accuracy for one. They are (to me) a far better home-defense pistol. More weight= less recoil plus a great club to smack an intruger over the noggin with. Second, CZ 75 prices are soaring and not just because of the craze of late. The 75C I purchased new two years ago is selling for $150 more used than what I paid for it new then. Tell you what, if you still feel the trade/sell urge PM me with what you may want for your CZ. If I were you, I would wait for this craze to subside, then if I still wanted a XD, I would go lay me one away and keep my CZ. Just about every gun I have sold or traded to get another gun I have regretted. Only a couple lemons I had are the exception. XDs are decent guns; but not worth trading a good gun to get a decent gun.

6. mgs

mgs Always Carrying
    Millennium Member

Grip safety is not needed and dumb looking feature....jut my two cents.

7. I bought my 4" model during the dark days of the ban. It has been excellent. Like it so much I bought a 3" model. Same as it's bigger brother. For me their is no reason to go with the XDM. The standard model does everything I need it to.

8. I thought so too until I got my mitts on the XDm with the small sized backstrap installed. For me it made a world of difference over the stock size.

9. I think they are real nice I like the (m) line even better than the "stock" XD's. I prefer them over Glocks but not over the M&P line. well maybe the XD(S) as M&P has the shield in 9mm but I dont think(i could have missed it) they dont have a slimline .45 like Glock or XD). But if offered id love a XD(m) compact in 9mm or .45 ACP.

oh think I like most about them is the grip safety

#49 CBennett, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  10. I bought an XD40 when they were first put out. I wouldn't feed......ball, HPs, anything. The mags were changed, the gun was checked closely, and we couldn't figure out why it wouldn't feed. Traded it, and haven't been back there since.

Don't want another....

11. the XD40 is my CCW piece...i love it!!!