close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

what do you think of gunbroker.com?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Glock22-007, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Glock22-007

Glock22-007

Feb 6, 2012
    hey gun enthusiests out there do you think gunbroker.com is a good idea for purchasing a new firearm or just dealing with an ffl dealer directly?

2. Rancher

Rancher

Jun 3, 2003
    SW Missouri
    I have got some great deal there. Only delt with a business and never a private sale. Always fast shipping. Northern Firearms is a good seller there.

A good place on-line to buy is Bud's, they have great prices but don't be in any hurry to get what you buy. Have had an order in their shipping department since last Thursday, made the purchase the week before. Very hard to beat their prices, easy to beat their service but would still buy from them.

Rancher

3. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    If you deal with a reputable seller you should be fine, especially on a new gun.

4. I've had very good luck with Gunbroker. Mostly I bought used and new-old stock muzzleloaders; probably over a dozen transactions. Only one was less than I'd hoped and the seller made it up to me.

Only gotcha is that 'real' firearms should be transferred FFL to FFL and some of the sellers do not have the license. Thus you can end up paying FFL transfer fees on both ends. This isn't an issue with muzzleloaders.

GB can give you access to virtually every gun model ever made along with a reasonable gauge for pricing. Hard not to like that.

5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    I agree, I have had good experiences for the most part, I had a few shady buyers on items I was selling. Just becareful and know the laws in case someone asks you to do something illegal. The items I bought were usually from people who had business and good ratings. In mays ways its like ebay.

:50cal:

6. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Dec 20, 2002
    Minnesota
    I've had good luck for the most part. Got ripped off once by a well known seller of S&W revolvers in KY with over 4,000 sales on GB. They sold me a S&W 624 that had serious issues with the lock work. The problem was obvious, impossible to miss. Had to send it to S&W for repairs on my dollar.

7. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

Feb 21, 2010
    Kansas
    I have bought 2 long guns and one pistol. Long guns from a FFL holder and the pistol from a individual, I worried some about buying from the individual but everything worked out OK.

8. JDSTG58

JDSTG58

Feb 4, 2008
    USSA
  9. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gunbroker has a useful feature: it allows searching by individual state. If you search within your home state, and the seller is agreeable, you can bypass the whole FFL exchange if your state allows private transactions.

10. craig19

craig19

Aug 13, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I've had good luck so far, bought a few guns, all from sellers with a lot of positive feedback, never from someone with 0 feedback.

11. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I've purchased about 2 dozen guns on GB. Love it.

12. waynokarider01

waynokarider01

Sep 29, 2009
    I agree with what has been said already. I would first choose a local FFL that will treat me good on the transfer of any firearms I purchase. I have heard too many people sat that they have to pay $50 or even more for a transfer. A bad experience on a transfer can ruin a good deal. I may be lucky, but I have a few dealers that I use. One charges me $5, but is very busy and far out of my way. Another shop that I like charges $20 but is only 5 minutes out of my way. Another charges $10, but told me not to order anything until I give him the model number and let him give me a price quote. Sure enough, he beat the best price I found, ordered it himself, then sold it to me with no transfer fee. That said, any new firearms I want will come from him. I would still use GB for used, or otherwise unobtainable purchases.

13. bikerdog

bikerdog

Feb 11, 2009
    Ive used GB about 25 times now. And of that 8 were gun transfers. Only had one bad experience and that was on a magazine from a dealer. Over all i really like gun broker and will continue to check with them before i buy anything local

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

14. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    I use Gun Broker quite a bit and have been very happy with my purchases. But I use Auction Arms more.

15. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    I have nothing but good things to say about Gunbroker.com

16. dukeguy

dukeguy

Jul 15, 2010
    I just ordered a Browning Buckmark from Northern Firearms, a Gunbroker dealer. Got a great price that included shipping, and even when you factor in the FFL fee, it was still a better deal than anywhere else I could find one.

17. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    It's all about knowing what things are worth, the cost of the transfer, and trust. If they add up to savings on your end then so be it. I haven't found a deal that I would take over the internet for a firearm IMHO that would save me a few bucks.

18. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    I only deal with sellers from my home state so i can see the item in person before bidding. But the site itself is good.

19. stopatrain

stopatrain Lifetime Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Texas
    I've bought and sold several with no problems. I'am careful to deal with reputable sellers, everybody seems to have an A+ rating but can have several negative feedbacks.